AUGUST .summer reading continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST .summer reading continues

I have slowed down a bit with the reading... because I have been having a problem finding things I like ... my favorite authors all have books coming out later this year... in the meantime ..I have tried.

Brian McGilloway..... Borderland...... not bad. author is from and lives in Scotland.. so new scenery and dialect.. Plot wasn't bad.. but bk 2 should be better... the scenery has been laid down..

Victoria Abbot... .the Christie curse .......cute little mystery...
    Tessa Arlen... the Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman.....another cute mystery set on old time England.
    Catherine LLoyd....Death come to London...another English mystery.

and today I started a really different author.... Ben Aaronvitch... Foxglove summer ... have read couple of his other works..

I have 3 Barbara Fradkin books I bought..,,,, they are my back up . when I can't find anything on line or at library..

so whats are you Reading!
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Maye, have you ever checked this site for mysteries set in London? http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/Lo...pe/London.html
    You might find some good books there.

Comment

no,,, new name for me ..will go there, bookmark the spot and go back to see whats there soon... thanks ....I love English mysteries... less swearing .. more character building ...

gives me the names of authors, then their books .. but don't tell me how to buy or order them.... guess I can check those through Barnes and Nobles. or some of the used book sites like ABE books.
      Last edited by Mayebarnes; 08-08-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear - I use that site as a resource for new authors or books to look for at our library. I also use Fantastic Fiction as a resource but I like the way the Stop you're killing me lists the books by interest, such as English mysteries.

Comment

going back for another look.... thanks

Comment

Working...
          X