July is Here ~ Are you Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July is Here ~ Are you Reading?

It's already the second week of July. Have you had time to read lately?

I finished 3 Iris Johansen books, a cozy by Lee Harris, started another book but didn't like it so it went to the trade in bag and now I'm reading one by Karin Slaughter.
    I guess some of those I actually read in late June, not July!

What are you reading?

I have just started reading "The Dove Keeper". So far it seems well written. This appears to be the written about in the era ---- and I'm guessing it's going to end up at Masada --- of Roman/Hebrew wars, hardships, etc.
    in fact, I feel like I've read the story before, possibly under another name.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

having family here the first 10 days of July put a big crimp in my reading ....
      presently reading Elly Griffiths newest book... the Ghost Fields...have it about 1/2 done.... want to save it until I can read steady to the end..
      in the meantime.. I am reading , on the Nook... Marjorie ECCLES book... BROKEN MUSIC.... her first book in a series.. not sure if I like her style of writing ... lots and lots and lots of descriptive pages.. setting up her characters and background.. will try book 2 and if it is just as full of description . I will drop her.
      also have 2 mysteries. by authors new to me... Catherine Lloyd... Death comes to London .... and Tessa Arlen..death of a dishonorable gentleman....sounded like English authors and settings... my favorite.. ..
      I have Jodi Picoult. book.. THE STORY TELLER .ordered.

Jo , who wrote the Dove Keeper?.
      I have read approx 18 of Iris Johansens books. what did you read Labb?>

hopefully the rest of the month will be quieter and I will get back to reading ...
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Alice Hoffman wrote The Dove Keepers. There are 4 women of courage this book, and it IS in the war-torn days of the Masada.
        I'm still early in the book with the first woman.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I looked up the Hoffman book.... it is available in one of our libraries... 500 plus pages.!.. keep reading Jo and let me know if its worth 500 plus pages..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Will do!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I read Eve, Quinn and Bonnie. I've had them for a while, thanks to my neighbor, but just hadn't read them. Wasn't as impressed with them as I was with the other books of hers I've read. Bonnie was the best of the three but it is a series and all need to be read to make sense.

Just finished the Karin Slaughter book, Fractured. Very good.

Just started P.J. Tracy's Shoot to Thrill. So far, it is a good book.

Comment

Enjoyed Mistaken Identity by Lisa Scottoline - good book.
                Currently reading the next P.J. Tracy book, Off the Grid. It follows Shoot to Thrill. Another goody.

Comment

I'm still reading The Dove Keepers....it's very good, but I get time to read just one or two sections (within the chapters) a day, what with all that the past week has entailed. And now I have to play "catch up" with my home chores.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Starting another Lisa Scottoline, Dead Ringer.

Comment

Working...
                    X