who was reading the 'The beach Quilt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was reading the 'The beach Quilt?

I did download it to my Nook reader..... and was disappointed.. did not care for Miss Chamberlin's style of writing .... much too much description and background... so after about 1/4 of the book.. I started jumping chapters. but they were more of the same.. and then read the last 2-3chapters and was surprised at the ending but ... probably won't read any more of her books..

Labb. I too read Bittersweet..( by S.Alberts). not as interesting as some of her other but she does stay true to her characters and did not repeat about them too much..

I am caught up on my regulars.... I do have the latest book of Elly Griffith ordered from local library . should be in soon... won't buy if I can get it free... .I have a gift card from Barnes and noble.. waiting to buy the new Louise Penny book.. comes out in Aug.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I agree about Bittersweet, not as good as some of her other books.
    I always check the library for books. Our library has a cooperative thing with other libraries so we have access to a lot of books. It's Great!!!!!

Comment

WE have the access to all 10 libraries in our county.... just order a book and if it's at any of them,, . its gets transported to my closest library.. really nice know I have access to that many thousand of books.... I , in turn,, donate back to the libraries any Good copies I may own ...one of the libraries has a collection of one of my favorite authors. but were missing One volume in her series....I bought a copy . when I was done. I Called their librarian and ask if she wanted it to add to their collection ...OH YES was her response.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Our library takes book donations to resell.
        Our library cooperative is not only the libraries in our county but also another city system not in our county. It is wonderful!

Comment

Sorry about The Beach Quilt, Maye. I guess we were just needing a slower paced book...
          I am slowly going through The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. Kind of slow and written in the first tense which I don't really like....but I am trying to read something different.

Comment

Working...
          X