January 2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2015.

will start the year.. reading has slowed down .due to illness .
    I need to go search the library files and the e book files and find me some new authors. OR
    get you all to help with suggestions!!..

I had bought a bunch of second hand books via internet. and of those 30 , I only have 6 left to read. I did read or skim approx 125 books last year. did not really find a new author to claim my heart .. but she ( or he) is out there writing and waiting on me.... a Louise Penny does come around once in a while..

so sign in and see whats on your night stand...
    Today I downloaded a Charles todd book. the latest .. the Confession... been waiting on it for awhile. so will crawl into bed and not mind if I dont drop off right away..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Maye.....hope you have luck finding a new author you like. Sometime I just find the list of authors for the types of books I like to read...and search through their books to see if any sound good to me....there are times they turn out great....and times not... but worth the chance....as I have found some new ones I like.

I have given up using my Kindle to read....decided I really like holding a book in my hands and turning the pages myself. Have three books I picked up at library on the one day it was okay to drive...also picked up a cookbook for Crockpot cooking...but did not care for anything in it. Actually Marianne visits all the different cooking groups and sends me many good ones...so I will use those she sends to me.

Comment

I've been reading some cozy mysteries by Jennie Bentley. Very light and entertaining, good plots and just what I need right now.

Comment

thanks for the new name Labbasgle...will see if I can find any of her books for Nook first.. then library..

Mickie. I do the same thing...there is a site called Fantastic Fiction.. Authors /books.. if you go to the Author you read/like.. there is suggestions for similar authors/books.. have found some goodies that way too.. also.. all the authors books are listed and you can clicked and read a synopsis first..
        right now I am catching up on the Charles Todd books... I have the newest one ordered at the library.. ( insp. Rutledge)..
        Reading . THE BUGHOUSE AFFAIR. by Marcia Muller. /Bill Pronzini.... Muller writes the Sharon McCone mysteries. but this is a new team
        set in San Franc. in 1890s.. so far. slightly boring.
        also have Laura Childs..POSTCARDS FROM THE DEAD..have not read her before ..says there is scrapbooking in the background?

Comment

Another site with lists of books by topic and some reviews by readers is goodreads. They also have drawings for free books - you have to join to put your name in for the drawings. I haven't joined so don't know any details about it.
          Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!

Comment

will race right over and have a look!

Comment

I like the author Charles Finch.. and saw I had missed reading his last two books... went to local libr. listing. and there was the '13.book.. but when I went to order it... it was listed as "lost".... and then I could not find it anywhere.!..... so I went to abebooks.com. and they had a copy for $3.48 ,shipping free... It is now on its way... there is a copy of his 20'14 book in the library I will read later.. If you have never read him .start at the beginning of the series.. will make more sense..

not to check out Goodread.com.

Comment

Maye, Goodread was a suggested site from our library. I have peeked at it quickly a couple of times but haven't really gotten into it. Let me know what you think.

Comment

did not get there either....got busy setting up jigsaw puzzle. love them but so time consuming.. plus fighting KD Kat to stay down.Ha.
                  I was hunting a charles Finch book.. I am reading his series.. could not find it in any of my e libraries or my county (9 ) libraries.. so ended up ordering from BetterWorldBooks .. will donate to Library when I am done and tell them to treasure it.!... slowly getting used to new face on here. will be faster once I get used to it..

Comment

I'm reading a book by Lee Harris, The Happy Birthday Murder. Another cozy type mystery, one of a series and a very enjoyable book.
                    The two books I requested from the library came in so I'll be back to reading Jennie Bentley books when I finish this one.

Comment

unfortunately , I found that both books above. ..The Bughouse affair and Postcards from the Dead were boring... so skim through.. so I am waiting for the Charles Todd book from the LIbrary and the Charles Finch in the mail.to arrive.
                      I did buy Susan hill latest book,Soul of discrestion, that came out just this month ... bought the e book version and have it downloaded .. will read it slowly..
                      Have read a Lee Harris book...but the libraries only carried the one book.. have not checked to see is they come in digital..

went to the GoodRead. made you sign give. name ,password.... I could not find any books to just Read.. you had to Buy them and there were no prices until you were checking out.. ...so I deleted them from my file

Comment

Sorry about GoodRead. It was recommended on our library website and I had just glanced through once, but did not spend much time at all. I didn't know you had to buy the books, that stinks!

I think freebooksifter.com and bookbub.com offer free ebooks. I don't have an e-reader so haven't checked on them.

Comment

twp more addresses. ..thank you .will go have a look...

Comment

Working...
                          X