No announcement yet.

March ... Share your reading with mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March ... Share your reading with mine.

I Can't control myself when it comes to ordering books... I had 4 books on the Nook reader. 2 from the library.. and all due within the next two weeks..
    One is done and sent back...DEJA DEAD.. a Kathy Reich. ..I did read 90% of it ..shes a good writer but stretch the book out about 150 pages too far.

Now I have Julie Trimmer... FIVE DAYS LEFT.... over half read.... good.. two stories in one... fmaking my self NOT look at the end ..but another big book
    .and. .... Martin Walker. THE DARK VINEYARD... an Insp. Bruno book...
    .and. ....Alan Bradley....AS CHIMNEY SWEEPERS COME TO DUST..
    and...Charles Finch......LAWS OF MURDER..

PLUS.. I bought AN OLD BETRAYAL..by Charles Finch..... Susan hill's SOUL OF DISCRETION . her 2015 book...

yes I love to read... I take all suggestions tho

so come read with me!
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I finished a Joseph Finder book - it really dragged so I won't recommend it.
    I am currently reading a cozy mystery by Miranda Bliss. Dead Mean don't get the munchies. Loved the title so I had to read it! So far, it is a cute story with good characters and an interesting plot.

Comment

new name for me B... Miranda bliss.. will look her up..

I did read all the above books ,,borrowed one.that is...
      FIVE DAYS LEFT WAS AN INTERESTING STORY.... ENDED UP LIKING IT.

the The DARK VINEYARD. was bk 2 in this series... and just getting warmed up to the character.. will read more (in order of course)
      The Alan Bradley was my chocolate candy treat.. little different .but still good for this series

Just finished the Charles Finch book from the Library... the one I bought An old Betrayal... is still laying on the "to-read" book shelf in the bedroom.
      and the Susan hill book is waiting in the Nook....

Have ordered the next ,and latest Alan Bradley book...CURIOUS COPPER CORPSE. as an E.book.. I'm 4th in line
      have ordered from library.. Veronica Thompsons MURDER ON MURRAY HILL.
      and just now downloaded Christopher Fowlers. THE BLEEDING HEART .e book..

I do love going to library without leaving my chair..

Comment

I just finished a funny cozy mystery, Elvis and the Grateful Dead by Peggy Webb. Very entertaining, includes a great dog. This book is part of her Southern Cousins series.

Also read a Kate Wilhelm book, No Defense. It is an older book, published in 2000. Definitely worth reading if you like court room and legal type mysteries. Strong characters and good plot. This book is part of her Barbara Holloway series.

I will be checking the library for more books by both authors.
        Last edited by labbasgle; 03-23-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Finished all the borrowed books from first post .. still have "my books"..( I own). on Old Betrayal. and Susan Hills newest book waiting ...Cant believe I have not dived right in to Ms. Hills book..
          Now sitting on my shelf is :
          Victoria Thompson latest....Murder on Murrey Hill
          Richard Morais,...the Hundred Foot Journey
          chistopher Fowler... the Bleeding Hearts

plus the Charles Finch An Old BEtrayal..

have ordered the newest Alan Bradley book Curious Copper Corpse... which will be in any day now..

took down your books and Authors ,Labb. will see if we have them available...especially the Peggy Webb book.

Comment

I just readvStill Alice, about a Harvard Proffessor who gets Alzheimer's.
            It really kept me reading. I didn't see the movie and not sure if I will.
            Have any of you read Unbroken?

Comment

I haven't read Still Alice or Unbroken. We have Alzheimer's in our family so that one would really hit home.

I'm reading Undone by Karin Slaughter. I like that her characters are not perfect but have normal, human flaws and struggles. For example, one of the main detectives is dyslexic and the story includes the difficulties it causes him as well as ways he has learned to compensate or hide it, etc.

Comment

Undone has some pretty gruesome parts so although it is well written, it may not appeal to everyone..

Comment

I just Looked into All the Light We Cannot See. Anyone read this. I am asking about it at our used book store tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not familiar with All the Light We Cannot See. Did you find it?

Comment

Working...
                    X