Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Reading

What's everyone reading this month?

I just finished another book from my neighbor - Treasure Hunt by author John Lescroart,. Good characters and plot - dragged in a few spots but overall a good read.

thanks for starting October.

and for two new author names.

I finished one more of the older books by Jane Haddam ( Bleeding Hearts) ... the author who writes the Gregor Demarkian series. I have her brand new latest book waiting on me on the stand by the bed... maybe I will read it next.

also have Louise Penny's latest laying there.. saving it for my special treat time.

in the meantime I am reading the 4 bk series. that John Grisham wrote for Young Adults.. about a young boy, 14.. and his amazing lawyer abilities... thanks to his parents being lawyers... not bad reading . and Grisham does know how to tell a story.

I have Deborah Crombies latest book "to dwell in Darkness " ordered .. it is already a E book for the Nook...
    read Markus Zuzak book I Am the Messenger... different sort of book... but I enjoyed it..

and today I ordered three books by Kate Ellis.. our local libraries don't carry her latest books. and she hasnt went to E books ... so found them at second hand. will catch me up to 2014 in that series.. she is a clean mystery writer. .
    but why I bought more books when I have over a dozen just layng there waiting on me... I guess because I like to get a package in the mail...
    happy reading .
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I've been reading another Harlan Coben book, Fade Away. A little slow in spots but good story.

I've read several by Jane Haddam, good books.
      I'm going to check and see if our library has anything by Kate Ellis. I like clean mysteries.

Comment

you keep reading Harlan coben ,, testing testing . then I will read what you ok. .... and I did the same with the Lawrence Sanders books.... read the early Sander"s early McNulley books..like them... after 1998. ( he died) they were written by a friend of his.

have you read any Donna LEon books.... set in Venice.. ?

found a set of books by a young lady named Amy Myers.... mystery .. father,daughter work together... We have a niece with same name.. thats why I read the first one... then order four more, second-hand ..just started one yesterday.. (set in England,, my favorite mystery writers spot.. )

Comment

The Coben books are from my neighbor. Some are really good, others not so great.
          I just started a book by Delia Rosen, One Foot in the Gravy. It's a foodie mystery.

Comment

Finish the 3 of the 4 Grisham books about young Theo Boone.... will not bother to read the other one... they are geared for the 12-15 age level.. very well written . does a lot of explaining how a particular applies to the situation in story... would recommend to that age level..

I did order the The Kate Ellis books... 2 of the 3 are here .. of course, the one next in line to be read is the missing one.. "The Cadaver Game"..

still waiting on Deb. Crombies. to Dwell in Darkness... coming to the Nook... I'm 8th in line now.

checked in my book Journal . have not read any Delia Rosia books.. report back when you finish it please.

Comment

The Delia Rosen Book was cute and very entertaining. Good characters and the plot had a good twist to it. If you want a light, easy read, try it.

Comment

Picked up two at the library, both are cozy type mysteries by a new to me author Victoria Hamilton. The one I've started is "Bran New Death" and quite cute so far. This is a "muffin" series and includes recipes in each book.

Comment

Working...
                X