Things to do when guests come calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do when guests come calling

After watching all those new holiday movies on Hallmark I am curious how many people would go to all that trouble to entertain guests in their homes. Making cookies with all kinds of people would be stressful enough for me, not to mention the clean-up if they did not pitch in.

What do you do when friends, old and new, or family comes calling at holiday time? It was always stressful when family came because you had to cook extra food, share bathroom space, go to work, (yes I always had to work on holidays) and know you had to get home to finish entertaining your guests. If you are a very organized and sweet person this would be a piece of cake. Right? Not so for me.

When I watch those movies I realize that is not usually how real life goes, and I only like a couple of them.

Here are some things to do when your guests arrive. Take them on a lights tour if you have one in your town or community. Have some games ready to play, maybe a new card game. Take them to your museum or historical landmark. Take them to a Botanical Garden. Take them to Disneyworld if you live in Florida. Take them to new restaurants, cafes, bistros, or Juke Joints. If you see their toes tapping you will know you are a winner.

If you are blessed with a skating rink you are in luck, especially if you have children visiting. Movies are always a good bet.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Working...
X