String the cranberries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String the cranberries

Right now the stores probably have a bunch of cranberries left over from TG. Why not start a new tradition and string some for your Christmas Tree. They make a beautiful garland and are so easy to string.

You will need some strong cotton string, a long darning needle or some kind of plastic canvas needle and a bowl of just regular cranberries. Do not wash them cuz they need to be dry. String them up and keep each string at 4 or 5 feet. These will need to hang up in a dry place after the holiday in order to dry out before you put them away. If you have an attic it's the perfect place to dry them or a laundry room. Those of you who live in colder climates may have an issue drying them out, but don't give up hope. I dried mine in the laundry room here in FL a couple of years ago, but some of them rotted and had to be pulled off and discarded. I still have enough and they look so good on the tree.

Another way to use them is to wrap them around gifts. They have that wonderful rich color and add a natural element to your décor. I think they look amazing on gifts wrapped with brown paper. Be sure to leave enough string at each end to tie onto your gifts.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

we used to string popcorn and cranberries while watching Christmas movies.
    my kids knew it was my favorite garland!

Comment

Working...
    X