Garland for the mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garland for the mailbox

This year I made garland for the mailbox with the tree trimmings that you get for free at Lowe's. I bought some pretty red ribbon at the thrift shop that holds up in the weather outside and made my garland and put the pretty bow on it. It looked great for about a week, but it got hot again and the greenery turns brown. I had to take it down and dispose of it. I love the smell of the fresh greenery, but here in Florida it just does not last too long.

What kind of decorations do you have at your home? Here in our subdivision the folks really decorate for Christmas. We usually drive around to see everything after dark. We'll give them a little more time to get their stuff out before we go "Christmas Sight Seeing). LOL!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I use the fake greenery for my garlands and outside decorations and the real wreath I hang on the inside of the front door for the smell!~lol!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the smell too. We have a storm door that is far too close to the front door to even think about hanging a wreath. I always make a wreath for inside the house, or sometimes two. I like to use Rosemary from the garden to make a candle ring for the table or a wreath to hang in the kitchen. Of course I'm vacuuming rosemary or pine needles up until July, but it's so worth it.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that idea! I will add some rosemary to mine! I always wire in some lemons and scented pinecones.
Working...
X