Aldi's grocery store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi's grocery store

Do you have a favorite market that you frequent? Do you feel it's better to just patronize one market or drive around town to get the bargains and use the store coupons? If you have an Aldi's or live near enough to shop at one sometimes consider yourself very fortunate.

I live about 9 miles from Aldi's, but it is worth the trip when I'm in that vicinity. They have the gourmet lettuce's that I love and their produce is outstanding.

On my last shopping trip I found a watch for DH for $5 and a pruner, (pruning Shears) for only $4.99. Of course I love all their seasonal items, but I don't usually buy those.

I have posted about Aldi's before, but I have tried many of their store brands since that and have found them to be of excellent quality.

So now I find myself shopping at Winn-Dixie primarily, then Save A Lot for produce, and Publix and Aldi's, and sometimes I go to Walmart because they have good prices on snacks such as nuts and popcorn. I live very close to all these stores except Aldi's.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I wish I had all your options! I live very close to my favorite grocery store, but it is my favorite because it is only one of two choices. It has the best quality, but also the highest prices. I do shop at Wal Mart but it has very limited food choices; it is not a super center.
    When my parents would travel to Florida in their motor home, they would stock the freezer with Publix Key Lime pies. They have coconut in them, I think, or just the extract, but really good!

Comment

Our local grocer is very expensive...he is a very nice and generous man but he is also the only grocery in town. There is an Aldi's right across the street from the Walmart I shop. I normally shop Aldi's for holiday baking necessities but both my son's are huge Aldi fans and I am thinking of trying them for more normal grocery needs. I find if I am in walmart I get sidetracked into other departments and spend a whole lot more money than I need on things other than food. When the boys were both home we shopped Aldi's once a month for a huge stockup shopping and I found very few things I wouldn't repeat buy...not a fan of their peanut butter!

Comment

There are no Aldi's in CA. I shop mostly at Savemart which is a west coast chain that I have watched grow from a single store to a major network. The also have the pharmacy that I use. There are cheaper stores but the one of those I go to is a Discount store which has good deals on some things not so much on others. Don't care much for their produce and a few days ago I got a package of crab meat and was very disappointed as it was full of bits of shell so I couldn't eat it.
        The other lower priced store is rather out of my way so I rarely go there. Sometimes stop in as it's near my Dr.'s office.
        Safeway is those most expensive nearby store but I do go there for some special items.
        There is another market that has very good fish and meats but unless I plan on buying a lot I don't go as it's about 18 miles away.
        Our Walmart has a few groceries but not a full line yet. They're planning to expand into a full service grocery in the future but that has been in the works for several years so don't know when it will go through.

Comment

I'm a huge Aldi's fan, but don't shop there as much as I would like because I have to have cash since we don't have debt cards. I do check out their ad weekly and I've been known to take their ad to Walmart & make them match it since I can use my credit card there. I haven't been disappointed in anything I've gotten there. Plus they double guarantee everything, so if you would have found bits of shell in their seafood, you could have returned it for a new package plus your money back. For $100 you could leave with a basket full of groceries. Now that Corky's back to work, I'll be shopping there more...sounds backwards, uh?

You can write to them & they sometimes respond. I'd write and ask them to come further West.

Comment

Working...
          X