No announcement yet.

Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they are very good critters. They eat mice, moles and other things that are not welcome. You have to be careful if you have chickens though as they will get in the nest and swallow the eggs.

Black snakes, are just that....black. They can get very large. I've seen a couple over six feet long. They are really pretty, glossy. And they are not harmful at all.

Comment

Good to know.
      Thanks.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Kim did you know that a black snake will also kill a poison snake?

I had a forked stick that I used if a hen was sitting in the nest and I had to gather eggs. It wasn't to keep the hen from pecking me, although that was a benifit, but to make sure I didn't reach for an egg and grab a black snake. My brother or Mom would take any found in the chicken house and relocate them to the barn or out into one of the fields.

Comment

Yes, I did know that. Another reason to keep them around. We had pigs on our farm and they kept down the snake population too. Copperheads were pretty prevalent around there.

Comment

My neighbor back in TN told me that Black Snakes would bite, but they are not poisonous. He found a six foot shedded skin of a King Snake in his attic. He proudly displayed it on the wall. I do not like snakes or any reptiles.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

They might bite but they won't really hurt you. We've found snake skins in the rafters of our garage and an occasional one in the yard. That had to be one huge King snake!

Comment

Working...
              X