Coupon Expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon Expert

Does anybody do the coupon thing here on this forum? If you do or if you don't anymore and you think you might be interested in starting it up again here is some info that might make this more promising than you realize.

One of the RN's at work told me about www.couponexpert.com. I have done the Kroger coupons for years now, but not anything in the flyers from the newspapers, etc. Well, she swears by this method and saves so much money and gets all kinds of stuff for free. She is a serious shopper and has 2 children and I know she is telling the truth when she testifies how much she is saving.

So if you have Publix, Winn-Dixie, Target or The Dollar Tree or CVS stores you are going to be amazed. I signed up and can't wait to go shopping for those values.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

There are very few things I buy name brand, and I do most of my shopping at Aldi's so coupons don't usually help. If I come across a coupon for something I use I will clip it, and then try to remember to use it.

Way back in High School Home Ec class we had a couponing class. The teacher had us make out a shopping list and add the cost of what we would normally buy. The next week she brought in coupons and we took the same list and figured out if we would actually save money by using them. The ones like me who didn't buy name brands the coupons didn't help, in fact in buying the stuff with the coupons our bill was higher than normal.

Comment

I use coupons..The highest on saving on the bills are $50.00 dolllars..On coupons..

Comment

I cut coupons and use them. I often buy store brands, too. My savings aren't as big as Sassy's that I can tell. But good enough. Plus we get points towards gasoline. Will check out the site when I get home, though.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, I do cut coupons but if they do not bring that product down to the same price or lower than the store brand I don't use them.

Comment

Me, too. And I always reexamine whether I actually NEED the item, these days.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Some things you always "need". Things that don't go bad, like toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, light bulbs, ect I try to stock up on. My main things are the toilet paper and light bulbs, when you need those you NEED them and if you are out it can cause a problem.

Comment

The thing is, if the store is having a sale on brand name items, if you have the coupons, if they're giving double-coupon credits, (and in my case, have senior discount days), you may beat the store-brand prices! Last month I hit a good day like that, and that day I also got double points for gasoline credits.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I found it odd that some of you are getting double coupons. It's been many years since I have found them around here.
                  I seldom use coupons as we seldom use the products. I did get $4.00 off on Lily's dog food today because Pet Smart sends birthday cards to your pets.

Comment

Recently - when I had no reason to shop - Fry's had a week where all coupons were worth $1.
                    I hadn't seen a $1+ coupon for some time before that.
                    I just got a coupon for $1.50 for 3 boxes of and General Mills cereals. The cheerios were on sale then I saw a box of Fiber One with a big discount...which with the coupon made that one something like $1 or less.

What gets me is the Coupon Queens who get triple coupons regularly, and pay $7 or less for a full cart of groceries.
                    But they get lots of coupons off their computer. Our stores limit you to 3 items on the coupons, no matter how many coupons you bring in....and these items are never on sale when you first cut them out of the paper. They may be when it's close to the expiration date. You need a full day to organize those coupons/dates and maybe hit 2 different stores, not just 1.
                    Last edited by JoGee; 10-04-2013, 06:58 PM.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoGee, you are absolutely right. I quickly abandoned this coupon expert thing when I saw that it would be time-consuming and too much planning and shopping around. I don't even buy or use half the stuff that is on sale with those coupons. It's a rat race and I'm not going to be a slave to it. Thanks for your input and sage advice. You are a smart lady.
                      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

not a die hard couponer..... but if I see one in the paper.. I will cut out to use IF it is something I will really use.. like peanut butter. toilet paper.etc... the one store I shop at. puts out a flyer and has normal things at lower price... they rotate on a 2 1/2 - 3 month rotation.. if you miss the buy on Chicken breast... that price will be around again in a while.. so I wait.. and buy extra when it is on sale...

when I was younger, house full of kids.. I did coupon more.. but now I do not keep a big supply of stuff ahead.
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I cut coupons for 2 DDs and a GD.
                          I do take the coupons I definitely plan to use.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

On those coupon.I shop smart..I get want i need..That what i want..I check to see it is on sale and see if there is a coupon ..If i can get store credit too..And if i like it too..

Comment

Working...
                            X