New Garden Started Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Garden Started Up

E did a lot of upgrades for me. I transplanted my tomatoes earlier this morning. 9:30a its about 80*; I probably shouldn't do more. However, just a couple hills of seeds in there, after I cool off. Tomorrow I'll seed the greenhouse beds.

It's hard to plan ahead. A couple years ago I could plant in February, but started in March. The weather was nicer. The heat seems a month ahead of schedule. Which is why I told E we won't transplant the cherry bushes until early fall. I don't want him getting heat stroke in this 90+* weather.

Tomorrow starts a two day run of high winds again, 25 mph is the forecast both days.
    I clipped the thick ad sheets of newspaper around the bottom of the tomato cages, in preparation. I hope those little guys appreciate it.

I love my garden. I love, even more, watching the plants grow. I bought rainbow carrot seeds....wonder if E will eat them?

Just added bell peppers and lemon cukes to the tomato patch; then carrots (rainbow), broccoli flower, and peas to greenhouse #1. That's all I can tolerate out there today. Will plant in the other greenhouse tomorrow.
    Hung a finch feeder by the window....might have to move it to the gazebo. Still have to hang the hummer feeder, maybe from the porch roof. Wish the trees would hurry and grow taller.
    Last edited by JoGee; 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.
Working...
X