Crazy weather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy weather!

The wind has been really blowing all day long. Had to be more than 30mph. Someone was saying we actually have 60mph winds now. I just don't like watching my new trees twisting and snapping back the way they are.... But at least they're snapping back, not tumbling down the road. Sounds like there will be plenty to pick up in the yard.
    Unfortunately, it'll be windy tomorrow, too. Hope its not this bad then. It really looks like a hurricane out there....sans the rain.

I put my 5 new bushes into garden pots around noon....had to haul the big bag of soil across the yard. Won't get them planted where they're supposed to go for a week or two.
    I sure cant dig in this clay. With luck we'll get rain at the end of the week, and hopefully it'll soften the ground. I need to pick up some mulch tomorrow, and enamel to paint on the trees when I cut the stupid suckers off. I'll wait til the weather calms down to do that, though.

Do you think Mother Nature is getting dementia? We haven't been getting our normal weather for a couple of years.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Definitely dementia. Wind is still blowing like mad here, too.

Comment

Wind blowing here too. Terrible fire(s) in the Fillmore area.

The brush fire that burned about 170 acres and at least two homes on Goodenough Road in Fillmore Monday and led to the evacuation of about 160 homes was 80 percent contained by early Tuesday.
      Last edited by Connie; 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM.
      Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

Today the weather dropped from a high in the 80's to a high in the mid-60's. while the 60's may sound nice back east, I'm really cold here today. At the moment, its 55 degrees here, in addition to the winds.
        It's dry enough here to worry about fires, too.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The winds seem to abated. But we did have a little rain last night. Didn't hear it but there are puddles in the driveway.

Comment

A friend and I were just saying yesterday that it seems like it is much windier than we remember it being a few years ago...
            Time for a new hair style that doesn't get all in my face!

Comment

Sheryle was just telling me today that they got a notice from their home owners insurance that they no longer cover wind damage, you have to buy a addition to cover it just like flood insurance.

Comment

The weatherman lied again! We have winds again today. Thankfully not as hard as the last couple of days, but enough to keep the branches swaying. That means pollens are still up, explaining my swollen eyelids.
                Also, the temps are not going to leave the 60's...he changed that, too, sometime today. But at least the sun is out.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

And thank heaven our weatherman told the truth and we got no wind today, but also, the rest of his truth is the winds will be back tomorrow and they have started up tonight.
                  sneezing and coughing with allergy that gets worse as the winds blow things all over!
                  It got to 87 today...and absolutely loved it! I even got out popscicles for the 5 kids I had today.

Comment

What's next? Locust?
                    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                    Phillipians 4:13

Comment

. Thanks for the giggle, Spring!
                      Some days I wonder....
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We have had no significant rain since January, drought was declared a few weeks ago and records have a drought such as this placed in the early 1900's. This area is a rainforest and known for the high rainfall so this is a really strange weather pattern, the weather guessers have been promising a "drought buster" for the last week but it hasn't eventuated.

I'm picking that we have a few dry weeks ahead as I bought a new dryer ready for winter, probably won't need it for weeks yet!
                        Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
                        X