Additives for the lotion recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additives for the lotion recipe

Yes, there are several things that you can add to the lotion to make it better. Here are a few and I would use them a little at a time and experiment with them until you find that perfect lotion for you.

Vitamin E. I use the capsules and stick a pin in the end and squeeze it into the jar. I use 5-6 at a time. Mix it in well. Another thing is Zinc Oxide ointment. A little dab adds the antiseptic that is found in diaper rash creams. I sometimes add Coppertone sunblock lotion. It's very emollient and gives my extremities a little more protection than just a body lotion. I usually add the additives to my palm and then put the lotion on top and mix it up like that, except for the Vit E.

Sometimes I add an antibiotic ointment like Bacitracin to my palm. Especially if I have nicks and cuts from gardening. It certainly can't hurt. My hands take an awful beating in the garden and that ointment has helped heal them up quickly.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Working...
X