Make your own Duvet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your own Duvet

Duvet's can be expensive, but you can easily make your own custom duvet. All you need is 2 flat sheets that fit your bed, king, queen, or full, and a sewing machine or needle and thread and a couple of hours. I do have a sewing machine but it is not working correctly. It bunches up on the back and skips stitches. I know it's the tension, but can't fix it. Anyway, I sewed my duvet by hand. It took a long time, but I was determined to get it done to cover our comforter before cold weather.

I used 2 different colors. You could match your curtains and bedskirt this way and flip it over when you want to change seasons. You will need to leave either the top or bottom open in order to tuck your comforter inside. I left both open. You can use ribbons at the top, or Velcro. I did not add anything because I want easy access so I can take it off and wash it. So far it's working perfectly. This way I can keep the comforter clean and only wash it after winter and put it away until the next cold spell.

Be sure to put right sides together before sewing, then turn after you finish. You're going to love your Duvet.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Working...
X