We have moles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have moles

They are all over our yard and their network of tunnels has undermined the soil so badly. Sometimes when I dig a hole to put compost in the garden the sand just keeps going down and down.

Yesterday my neighbor across the street asked me if I knew how to get rid of them. That is a big "NO". Guess I'll just have to keep mashing down the soil. Yes, they have destroyed some of my plants, but I still consider myself lucky. It could be Gopher Turtles and they make much more devastation in your lawn. Anyway, we have grass and plants and landscaping now and when we bought this house there were trees growing out of the foundation. You think I'm kidding? It took the better part of last year and this year to get this place in shape.

I advise anyone who is preparing to buy a new property to make sure the yard is not too much to maintain and if you have mature trees that they are not close to the house. The roots split your foundation if you have concrete or they will get into the water and sewer pipes and cause major damage. Our neighbor had to have a monstrous Live Oak cut this year because the roots had split his driveway and that tree was out at street level.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Moles are the most maddening critters. They dig and just flaunt themselves by shaking the ground while you watch them move around the yard. You sit out there and watch them!! We have tried poison and flooding and resorted to the pitchfork method. You laugh but if you have good strength and your eye to hand contact is good you can stab them while they are digging. I know, I know, it is not humane and all creatures are worth saving but a mole? I don't think so!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Pests!@@##%^
Working...
X