Hearts A Bustin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts A Bustin'

It's not too early to start on a heart wall hanger. We can start by recycling some cereal boxes, one large one will do or 2 medium size. Save some pretty angel cards or images from your Christmas card collection.

What you will need: one large cereal box, a heart pattern, glue gun, glue sticks, a 10 in piece of wire, angel image or graphic, scissors.

Cut out your heart patterns. You'll need 2 pieces of heart, front and back. Cut the side seam out of the cereal box, measuring from top left of heart to top right. You want to keep the top part of the heart open to tuck in dried flowers when finished. Start gluing the side seam onto the front of the heart, then start gluing the back to those 2 pieces when the front part is dry.

Now you can paint the whole thing with black craft paint. Just brush on a quick coat on first one side, let dry, then the other side. Make sure all parts are covered. Now cut out your angel image or angel graphic. Go to www.graphicsfairy.com to find a free graphic. She has thousands of free images. Glue or decoupage the image onto the front of the heart.

Take a sharp tool and make holes on the back of your heart and thread through the wire for hanging. Don't place the holes too close to the edges.

Now you're ready to add some nice dried flowers and you have created a gift for your home or for a friend for theirs. Happy Valentine to somebody special.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Can you post a picture when you have one done? Sounds nice, but don't quite get the gist of the instructions.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Sorry JoS, no camera here. I got this craft idea from a book called Herbal Treasures by Phyllis Shaudy's. You can check it out at your local library. The heart wall pocket is on page 100. Of course I did not follow her design, I used paper instead of fabric, etc. You can add your own touch to this craft and that is what makes it special.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
      X