Decorate your entry hall for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorate your entry hall for Christmas

Hi everyone. I have been extremely busy today, but now I'm ready to craft with you. Today we will design a basket for your entry hall table to greet your friends and family and set the stage for the holidays ahead.

Let me start out by saying all the crafts I'll be telling you about are made with things you probably have on hand or are very inexpensive to find.

Let's start by gathering our materials. You will need a container of some sort. It can be a basket, terracotta pot, fishing kreel, a zinc or metal bucket, a very large and deep serving tray or a wooden bowl. You will need a couple bottles of wine, (this is not for drinking now so contain yourselves ladies), a Christmas stocking, potpourri with the scent of Christmas, and some cut branches of Balsam Fir or Frazier Fir, (these are free clippings at Lowe's where they trim the tree. If you are fortunate enough to gather clippings from your garden or yard you have this covered.

Depending on how deep the container or basket is start laying the cut branches into the container with the tips sticking out to the sides. If your basket is too deep go ahead and stuff some plastic grocery bags in the bottom to bring the level up. Got your greenery in and it looks good, so take one of the bottles of wine and place it with the neck going left and place the other bottle with the neck going right.

Take your stocking and stuff it with potpourri. I used a coffee filter stocking that I made last year and filled it with Balsam Fir Needles that I saved from last year. Oh, that smell is divine and it says "Christmas". So now you are ready to place the stocking into the middle of the basket, but towards the back of the container. Just work with your placement until you get it the way you want it.

You are finished if you wanna be, but you can take this a step or 2 further if you wish. You can add some tiny wrapped gifts or wrapped empty soap boxes and place them in the basket or in the top of the stocking. You can add a beautiful bow with streamers in a lovely velvet burgandy color or some sparkle with large pinecones that have been sprayed with glitter. My neighborhood is just full of those pines that drop those huge cones and I bet you have some like that in your area.

I wish you happy crafting. PM me if you want more instruction with this craft.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

karlin, this sounds lovely. Thanks for the great instructions.

Comment

i agree1 I thnk I will make one for outside; I don't have an entry hall but have a naked bench (at the moment) out front. It used to have an antique crock on it that was planted but in the last severe wind and rain it fell over! that was the powere of gusts 50mph...right up next to the house and it still got toppled. If I had even thought aobut it I would have brought it in...

Comment

Working...
      X