If you had to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to...

...pack your entire life and home into ONE 20' shipping container, what would be on your MUST TAKE list?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Family photos, important papers, items that REALLY meant a lot to me. This is really a question that would take a lot of thought. I have often thought along these lines if I had to move into a small place or back to Hawaii. What would I take?

Comment

My Kitchen-Aid mixer and food processor.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Photos, insurance policies, land deed. Then beds and linens, my animals and at least my laptop
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

So far none of you have filled even 1/4 of a container, unless Jo has 20 beds?
          Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Only 4 beds, but mine is huge....James made me a wood frame bed last year for Christmas....its very countrified and would take up some space. For things beyond what has been mentioned.....all kitchen utensils, microwave, can opener, living room furnature, bookshelves, entertainment center and TV. Things that have sentimental connection for each of us and I guess Justin's girlfriend as I think he has finally met a keeper! You should pretend there's a hurricane coming and start thinking what you would take to higher ground.....those are the things to take when you move, I would imagine.
            Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

My Bible , books, both the bedroom sets my son designed,laptop, leather recliner,all my pictures of family,kitchen aid, cookware, dishes,microwave,elec. skillets and griddle,and did I say my laptop.

Comment

Well the container survived and landed on site, now the unpacking...slow process as we only have a couple of hours spare a day.

Comment

Besides the usual food,dishes & pans, toiletries, furniture, clothes/bedding ,howto books...I'd pack art supplies, sewing supplies, craft supplies and tools. Including acoustic instruments.
                  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                  Phillipians 4:13

Comment

My bibles and good reading materials, my secret Santa afghan from Darby, my brick snowman from Cookie, my Rounder's Christmas tree with all the ornaments and wonderful memories. I don't have anything else of great importance any more. I would have to think hard about bringing my cell phonne and charger! But, would probably end up taking it in order to keep in touch with loved ones.

But, we are packing up our lives because......??????
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                    X