Closet downsizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet downsizing

It's out with the old, does not fit anymore, unflattering to my physique, and those items that have not been touched in over a year. They will make a nice donation to my favorite thrift shop and inspire me to shop for something that fits and flatters, plus there will be more room on my closet shelves. Who doe not need more space?

Most of the items I'm donating only cost me a nickel. Some are really good quality such as Land's End pants that I so wanted to fit me, but they were too big. I took up the seams on my sewing machine, but alas they are still too big and just fall down my hips. I hate that. Then there are the pretty tee shirts with the sparkle and shine that were brand new when I bought them, but they are too little. Don't you just hate that. Anyway I've never been able to wear that shirt that says St. Marten with the dazzling twin dolphins on it.

I know if I give it away it comes back tenfold because I've done this before. I've learned to let go of inanimate objects and not to burden my soul with such trivial things. They are necessary to clothe yourself, but what you give away may be someone else's manifest and right now I'm manifesting something that fits me. Nothin' to it but to do it.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I just wanted to update on the closet cleaning. We donated 2 huge stacks of clothing to the thrift store yesterday and I went shopping at said thrift store and found 4 very good quality swimsuits and 2 tee shirts and a pair of overalls for the garden. I could not believe my good fortune on the swimsuits. They are all name brands and have lots of life left in them. I feel so blessed. I'll be right in style for the beach this summer. Wow!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

You are inspiring me!

Comment

Go Paula, go Paula. You will be amazed.

Comment

Working...
        X