Easy breezy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy breezy day

Good morning all. I have an easy breezy day planned for myself. It's back to work for me tomorrow so I'll be low-key today.

Hope all who follow have a great Friday the 13th.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

EZ day here, too. No cooking or cleaning.

No work either. I retired years ago.

Comment

Everything I do is done in spurts anymore but I have wonderful help and support from husband and sons, so I seldom have a hard day. I honestly wish I could go to work. It seemed to be such a pain at the time, but now I pretty much feel useless. That's a bit hard to swallow. I will cook this evening as they only got sandwitches and and mac and cheese last night. Might whip up a meatloaf and cook it in my electric oven so as not to heat up the whole house.
      Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

JoS, I want you to stop feeling useless girl. Life is way too short. Can't you volunteer or something? You would be amazed at the help they need at hospitals, animal shelters, food banks, etc. We love our volunteers at the hospital and I don't know what we'd do without them.

Also, if you're wanting to go back to work let me refresh your memory chicklet. 1. Phones ringing off the hook all day long. 2. Irate customers taking their frustrations out on you. 3. Your boss making you feel the pressure they are under just because they can. 4. The feeling of not being compensated correctly for the job that you perform and not getting appropriate raises. 5. Having to deal with all kinds of personalities and work ethics or the lack thereof. 6. Working on an understaffed unit on a crazy busy day when you wish you could clone yourself just to get through to the end of your shift. 7. Getting points against you when you're sick and have to call in. 8. Working long hours, coming to work in the dark in winter and leaving work in the dark. 9. Setting 2 alarm clocks because you will get points if you clock in late. 10. Getting up at O dark thirty when you'd rather just sleep in one more hour. Is it coming back to you now?
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Well, yes...you make many valid points. I don't know how much help I'd be in most of the places you suggested. I have to carry O2 everywhere I go and thus can't walk very far. I do miss working in many ways, but I am recalling some of the ways that I don't miss it! lol
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
          X