Zinnia's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinnia's

Last year I bought a pack of Zinnia seed. I get them at The Dollar Tree for 25 cents a pack. Well, they started coming up and I thought they won't make it. Boy was I wrong. You know we had a drought this past summer and I had to work the first part of it and couldn't water when I needed to, but those Zinnia's grew to 4 1/2 ft tall. I have never seen such beautiful, brilliant color in Zinnia's. Each flower was big or huge and the colors: orange, red, pink, peach, raspberry. The orange was almost neon. Not kidding.

Needless to say I saved all the seed and even sowed some in August. Now that crop is beautiful and brilliant and I've seen more color hues. One plant has 2 different flowers with different colors. I love them. I finally have enough flower seeds to make a great combination for all the beds I've dug. Zinnia, 4 O' Clocks, Vinca. All of these plants self-sow and every year I'll have more and more flowers and will be able to give away seeds to everybody. What more could a gardener ask for?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Working...
X