Not Garden Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Garden Related

I went to the Family Medicine Appt. with DH today and here is the low-down on his shoulder. After 2 MRI's, CT scan, XRays, and several doctor visits we finally learned that it is his rotator cuff that is giving him the pain. Those 3 muscles that are on top of the shoulder blade become swollen and press on the underlying soft tissues and nerve and cause severe pain. He will get PT and the doc prescribed Prednisone. He took a pill when he got home and it knocked him out immediately. We both have a low tolerance for any kind of meds.

He will be taught some exercises to strengthen those muscles to take the pressue off the nerve. It's also called Impingement Syndrome.

We are just glad to get a decent diagnosis.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Hope the treatment helps! Just an fyi....if you have no experience with prednisone, it causes weight gain, elevated blood sugar and a "moon face" appearance and mood swings. I have never had major problems with it causing mood swings, but I had a sister who was one of the most passive people alive. She had to take it for a prolonged period of time and turned into a mouthy witch while on it. Just thought you should know what to expect.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Hope it all helps too.

Comment

Working...
      X