cool cover for your head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool cover for your head

I created a cool way to cover my head with something cool while I'm working in the garden. I don't like hats too much so I cut the sleeves off a tee and just use those. I can wash them easily and they absorb the sweat fast. They are 100% cotton and are soft on my head. I dip it in cold water, wring it out and place it over my head. Piece of cake. I love easy breezy.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Clever! I don't plan on ever getting hot enough to need one. LOL

Comment

Good idea. With our extreme temperatures, that would really help.

Comment

I can't think of the name of the things we have that you put around your neck, it looks like a bandana ....I had to soak it in cold water and the little crystals puff up and keep you cool. If you are out alot sometimes you have to soak it for a few minutes again. I love mine and I do use it and it keeps me cool. It is suppose to reach 110 here today so when I feed the birds I will have mine on.
        I think today I will pop a few of those frozen grapes in my mouth right before I go out the door.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Is that your yard, Sherry? it looks cool and fasinating.

I know what you mean about those things around your neck. They even make them for dogs. I do wear a hat when working outside. Easiest for me and I keep it by the door along with dark glasses, and clogs for easy access.

Comment

Our daughter in the military gave us several of those "bandana" things They used them in Iraq.I rarely get out in the heat, and Ken goes out early morning ,or late evening.

Comment

Working...
            X