The Heat is doing damage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heat is doing damage..

Planted 4 blueberry bushes almost 2 weeks ago...watered regularly, but 3 have died. Could be diseased, they looked healthy when purchased...dunno, maybe it's the extreem temps.

Has anyone else noticed the hot temps affecting their plants?
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

Hot temps always affect plants, perhaps even with watering the plants are trying to do too much? Make fruit, grow, new environment etc etc....
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Some of my plants are suffering too in this heat but others are thriving.

Comment

My plants are suffering too and we are only in the low 90's but we have had more 90's than last year...even the plants I have had for a long time...I try to move some of my pots into the shade in the afternoon but sometimes I forget about them....
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Other than the plants on and near the deck, the only thing green around here is the grass above the septic system!
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Our yard is brown and the flower beds are drooping. The only thing we are trying to water is the veggie garden.

Comment

Spring, I daresay that the heat is the culprit. Anytime a new plant, bush, shrub, or tree is planted it will get some form of shock from the transplant. If the watering method does not go deeply enough into the root system it will shock the plants. And if you get the stems, leaves, etc. wet and then the sun hits it you will get the scalding issue. If you water just for a few minutes on top of the soil, the root system has to fight to get to the water and causes all kinds of issues. If you have a big umbrella I would move it over the blueberry bushes to give it shade. It will save your plants. Water deep, every other day should be fine until they get established or you get rain. They will be fine.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

We water with 5gal buckets. We punch a hole on side, close to the bottom of the bucket and let the water trickle out slowly. Each plant has it's own bucket. That's how we water the grapes and young trees. We never spray or get the leaves wet. Part of the plant/bushes are still alive...I think I need to water them more frequently.
                I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                Phillipians 4:13

Comment

More days of 90 coming ....it is taking a toll on everything. I hate to say this but I think I would rather have cold weather than the heat...now when I start complaining about shoveling snow, you can remind me what I said. I would just love our normal summer weather back so we can actually enjoy the outdoors.
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Our trees are losing their leaves and plants look horrible. The grass is brown. No mowing around here.

Comment

Working...
                    X