Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pets....are you a cat or dog lover or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is exactly why I can't donate time at a dog pound ...I would be crying if animals had to be put down and I would want to save everyone....I couldn't let my dog have a litter because I knew it would upset me too much to sell or give them away.
    Last edited by Sherry8; 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Sherry, not only do you have beautiful pets you have a beautiful patio too.

Comment

Thank you Nalani....I love to take photographs so I hope no one minds me putting them in everywhere.

Here is my bird feeding pergola....we moved from the country about 7 years ago and we didn't have a tree on the lot so we planted quite a few and put this up to hang the feeders from. I use heavy chains on the feeders so when the wind blows it helps hold them in place.

Comment

I love to see photos, Sherry. Post away!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I have 1 fur baby (dog), but several of the neighbors cats hang out on my deck.Fero is 1/2 min doxie and 1/2 jack russell terrier. He was adopted at 7wks old and weighted 1 pound.Also was the runt of the litter.Mom and jack russell were not supposed to be together My DS and family got him for me as a Christmas present.. I've had him 9 yrs Christmas.

Comment

I'm an animal lover, too. Up until last month we had three dogs and three cats. Sadly, we had to have both the boys put down; Sam with leukemia and Crisco with pancreatitis just a couple of weeks apart.
              We still have Lily the little Yorkiepoo. Just looking at her one would think she was all Yorkie but as close as we can figure she is only 1/8th poodle. Her nose is too long for a Yorkie and when she has her bath the back half of her curls up into ringlets. I tell her she has poodle butt.
              Joy wanted her to have one litter of pups but because she is so tiny and had seizures when she was very young and, unfortunately, her father was also her half brother it was deemed not a good idea.
              I have three of the kittens that we rescued several years ago (3?). They are big cats now. Bitz, is tabby and Elphy and Miss Uno are marked almost exactly alike but Uno is long haired and Elphy has short slick hair, black with silver markings. They both have little angel wings on their shoulders.

Comment

Kayce....I think your Fero sounds interesting. I am not sure if Scooter is all Cairn because he was bought from an older man by the rescue that had too many pets and no papers or proof. I don't need papers , we have papers for Miss Shadow.

I had a dog from the dog pound that was my favorite dog ever, he was my dog Bandit.

Comment

don't know how I missed this thread earlier... kind of distracted with houseful of company I guess.

love the pictures of your pets.. and what a great bird feeding station.!...

I am the cat lover... hubby loves dogs...

in our 61 years of marriage, early on we had a couple of huge boxer... that were not around very long ,,, then got a chihuahua... had for 14 years. then another chihuahua... for another 14 years... they both had to be put to down, diseases... then we got a West highland white Terrier... the love of my husbands life... but she was so stubborn .and would run away.. never could train her to stay off the road.. and eventually got hit with a car... broke our hearts and we have never owned another dog... I have always had cats in side and out... ..finally got a kitten and raised her inside to be just an indoor cat.. spayed. was a dear good kitty .. got too fat.. and the died this past Mothers day.. at the age of 12... don't think we will get another ,at least not until next spring... too hard to let them go.. Thanks for sharing your pets and pictures..
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I agree Mayebarnes...it is hard to let our pets go.

BarbCA....I like that part about the poodle butt, cute.

Scooter our cairn seems to keep growing his hair longer, I have trimmed the area around his neck a few times ....if he would of been better behaved when we got him, I would of socialized him...but he had to be hand fed and was not used to people . He got over that with the hand feeding...we have the invisible fence so my dogs stay in the yard and if other dogs come in the yard, sometimes he likes them and sometimes he doesn't. Terriers sound so terrible when they make a fuss. But I really don't want to clean up other peoples dog mess because I have enough with the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X