Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pets....are you a cat or dog lover or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets....are you a cat or dog lover or both?

I have 2 dogs ...the yellow lab is Miss Shadow and the cairn terrier is Scooter...Scooter was a rescue that only weighed 4 pounds when I got him...I don't think he is 100% cairn. My he has grown.

I like dogs and cats and I have a cat named Birdie....I didn't think she would still be with us because after we got her they found a tumor in her ear. But it hasn't grown or given her any problems so she is happy and energetic.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Sherry I currently have a 10.5# female Rat Terrier called Lola. A rescue dog from a no kill place. Between one and two years old. And a pain in the ...!

But cats are only good for giving dogs exercise.

Davis--Boilerman
    "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there would be a shortage of sand."
    Milton Friedman, economist:

Comment

I love them both, but lean more to dogs then cats. We have 3 dogs and a cat burried in our back yard. Since our beloved Millie dog died about 10 or 11 years ago we haven't gotten another. Figured it would out live us and that wouldn't be fair to it. But wouldn't mind haveing an older indoor cat now but am afraid to as I am afraid my husband might trip over it on his walker.

Comment

I'm a both. We have a rescued rat terrior who is around 9 yrs old....slowing down these days. We (I should say my husband) have an Irish terrior mix...also a rescue. And to round it out we have a cat that is a little over a year old. Her mama was feral and dropped her off and never returned. I waited till I was pretty sure mama wasn't coming back and brought her in. I bottled fed her and had all the vet work done...bad eye infection, spayed, etc. She seems to be a bit brain damaged but being abandoned can scar one for life...lol.

The reason I say Echo should be considered my husband's dog is that we got him from a very pitiful mess of a shelter. He saw my husband and jumped into his lap and a love affair began. James works shift work and the dog awaits his return and seems to have figured out the timing of each shift. He starts whining about 10 minutes before James should pull in the drive way and when he does, Echo just goes totally nuts. James has to deal with greeting the dog before he'll live him alone to say hello to me. He does suffer from separation anxiety something fierce. When we board them to go away for any length of time, they have to give him a small does of nerve medicine while we are gone. We always make sure they put both dogs together in a run so he has his canine best friend.

Guess I wrote a book. I'm fond of the goofy dudes, I guess.
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Like both...have 2 dogs..Bernise Mtn. Dog, named Bailey and a Shitzu/ Shitpoo named Shanti.
          Also have 2 cats...Ali and Bubba.
          Also have 4 rabbits, named : Colby, Zoe, Hope & Hopper.
          Plus 3 calves, named: T-bone, Cheeoke & Bandit and 2 pigs, named Billy Bob Jr. and Emile Rose. (actually the dogs & cats are ours and the rest belong to g-kids, except for T-bone.)
          Oh, and a whole of lot of chickens, chicks and 1 rooster named Pepe.
          I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
          Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Great question Sherry......I loved reading about your furbutts. I am glad that Birdie is still with you and doing well.

We have two cats......both Siamese. They are brothers and we have had them since they were 6 weeks old, they are now 3.

One is a blue point and he's named Boo Boo even though we call him and he answers to Booby. LOL! The other is a blue point and he's called Huckleberry. They are just the best!

Booby just loves fresh vegetables, especially red peppers and watermelon. He has always loved anything that is red and I wonder if that's why he likes fruits and veggies. He also eats cauliflower, broccoli, yellow peppers, cantaloupe but his favorite is the red peppers. Poor Huckleberry just looks at him like he's gone crazy when he eats those things.

We also feed 3 outdoor cats. 2 males and a female. Any strays that come around and stay we try to tame down enough so we can take them to get spayed or neutered. We have had too many around here at times and that is the only humane way we have of keeping the population down. Luckily it seems to have worked as there are only 3 of them now.

I am adding a pic of my boyits.

Love reading about everyone's furry families.
            Attached Files

Comment

I love both, but lean more toward cats. I lost both of my cats when we lived in Sierra Vista about 12-13 years ago, and didn't have the heart to replace them. They were indoor-outdoor cats, not lap animals, but extremely entertaining. They never jumped on furniture or counter/table tops. Never scratched anything but their scratching mats.

Teddy Bear was a long-haired tuxedo mix, and most adventurous. The day he disappeared he spent a long time sitting on the patio staring into my eyes.... He seemed to be saying "good-bye". Then he turned and sauntered off for his daily excursion. We figured he either was I'll and went to die alone somewhere, or else couldn't outrun a coyote he was pestering.

Pickles was a brown mackerel tabby line of a Maine Coon. Beautiful girl. Though she was brownish striped, on humid days she looked bright orange. She missed Teddy Bear greatly after he was gone, as did we. The next year we went to Michigan for a vacation for a week. When I got back and got her, she didn't know me and was terrified. They gave her the lowest and darkest cage in a bottom corner, and I had to half crawl in to peel her off the backside. I noticed she hadn't eaten any of the food I left for her. Only one can had been opened. This kennel was at the Vet's office, no less. Well, she was changed forever. She would stop midstep and stare into space for minutes (hallucinating), lost control of her bladder. When she did get lucid again, she would stare apologetically into my eyes, then hang her head. She got worse from there and we finally had to put her to sleep. I figure the Vet assistants didn't want to stay and exercise the animals during the holidays, so gave them injections for calming the animals so they didn't care. Well, Pickles looked bigger than she actually was, which often surprised the vet himself. The girls there who took care of the kenneled animals probably overdosed her.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your pet stories and telling about your pets ....I think we all have had some sad times with our pets..we have had to put too many pets down.

Comment

Here is Birdie, my rescue cat...

I caught her yawning so don't get scared she is harmless. In fact she has never hissed at anyone or even the dogs...
                  Attached Files

Comment

She is absolutely beautiful!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We have one dog Missy who belonged to Kenny's Mom and is now around 12 years old, some days she thinks she's still a puppy but others she shows her age. She is a small mixed breed. We also have 2 cats thanks to Kenny who tells anyone who will listen "I hate cats" Gus is around 5 years old and when her Momma left her I swore she was a male, so when Kenny started luring her in the house I didn't stop him. When we found she was a female she already knew herself as Gus. She is an indoor outdoor cat that we just had fixed so she would stop bringing us in grandkittens, and isn't a people cat, she tolerates us walking by and petting her but not for long before she moves away and if she thinks you are going to pick her up will move faster. She is a very observant cat and the other day when we both forgot Missy was out in the yard and came in to refill our drinks when I walked back out she was patrolling the steps and would not let Missy past her. We then have our Ebil Weeble who gets called Bola or Bo Bo most of the time. She is one of Gus's kittens that a friend was supposed to take and then backed out. She is very much Kenny's cat, she can manage to get on his lap without his noticing when he is on the computer, as soon as he lays down she is laying on his chest or right beside him, she will nudge his hand until he puts it on her and then she will settle down and go to sleep.

Comment

Birdie is gorgeous, Sherry. Love the picture of her yawning and you can tell it's a yawn too.

Comment

Here is Miss Shadow the yellow lab and Scooter the cairn terrier on my patio

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

I bet its almost a full time keeping the terrier brushed and combed! They are beautiful animals. I have to be careful on facebook as they have rescue groups that post animals needing adopted. I'd have this place in wall to wall animals if I could.
                              Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X