Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What goes on in the garden when you are not watching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes on in the garden when you are not watching.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there would be a shortage of sand."
    Milton Friedman, economist:

Loved watching the video -- I keep several hummingbird feeders going just outside the room where I can watch the birds and play on the computer at the same time.
    Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

What a fasinating video! When I was a kid we would find ourselves a caterpillar (in Hawaii we found them on the crown flower tree) and we would raise it to a Monarch Butterfly. When it was ready to fly away it would perch on your finger before taking off.

Thanks, Davis.

Comment

I see alot of different things..cat uses it for a potty...birds lay eggs/ have nest there..( would think the cat would catch the birdies)...moles pop up/ and dogs dig in it..then there are some of those crayfish/ and snake holes...and of course there are a lot of bunny rabbits and raccoons and possums all about. It's a busy place.
        I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Wow! I should have taken time to watch this sooner! The monarchs were fabulous and I was surprised about the bats feeding from flowers. I knew they eat mosquitos and bugs, but never knew any of them fed on flowers.
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

This is why we need to preserve natural land. The forest where those Monarch Butterflies gather has already been cut back, and without the protection of those trees, far too many just die off.

There are no longer fields in neighborhoods where children can play, as when I was young.
            Not all neighborhoods have parks; but the parks I have seen are closely manicured and have no wildflowers.
            I feel despair when contractors cut down our forests to make room for more housing and shopping areas. Why can't they just repair the old neighborhoods and malls, instead of constantly creating new ones?
            As our world gathers more concrete where nature was once beautiful, the environment changes. As the animals die off and disappear from the chains of life, the world changes, and not for the better.

I hope this film clip will help people realize all that needs to be preserved in our lands.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I deal with social security for both myself and my son. It is my belief that if SS would just give you the info you need and leave off all the redundant stuff, they alone could save one whole rain forest! I really am serious!
              Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

IMHO both Jos are right.

Comment

[/IMG]
                  Last edited by Sherry8; 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM.
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

That was so inspirational Bman. Thank you. I love, love, love nature.
                    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                    X