Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nalani and others who want to look,

Nalani ,this is my Ti plant.

poor thing just struggled and struggled... then granddaughter put the "rose" in the pot and it did much better but still did not do much growing....

about 2-3 months ago someone was discussing how our grannies put coffee grounds on their plants..
    so I started to "feed " both the plants in the picture... and the Ti just took off.... one of the great benefits of the coffee grounds is it keeps the soil loose .doesn't dry up hard..
    will see If I can upload this picture now: still not great but sure doing better....I have hope of one day having it in a big pot 5' tall.
    Attached Files
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Oh my, Maye, it's beautiful! The coffee grounds seem to do the trick. My ti died right away and I should of done what you did. Is that a croten (sp) in the back? Those do very well in Hawaii too.

Comment

Nalani...
      have absolutely no idea what the other plant is... bought it one day at Walmart. because sometimes the leaves will have different colors.,,like pink or yellow tips. ... just look like a good plant
      to put some oxygen into the room... it has been a slow grower too... ....since I do not have a green thumb at all , tend to kill all plants in my care..
      the fact that it has survived is a minor miracle.. I also think both plants do better if I let let a leaf from Ti and one from other touch.. like holding hands. ....

took quick look and by jove, the little stick was still in the pot.... it is a Croton plant....most of my leaves are green with yellow veins..
      Last edited by Mayebarnes; 03-02-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I thought it might be a croton. Those grow into enormous beautiful bushes in Hawaii. And yes, they do seem to do well side by side.

Comment

I have a few pothos plants because they are pretty hardy and take quite a while for me to do serious damage to. I read an article about the top plants for oxygenating and I think chrysanthemums were right up there and can't remember the rest. Will see if I can find it and post later.

Comment

Used to have plants every where, but my green thumb has turned black. Mom had a black thumb, which lead me to crochet her a cactus that she couldn't kill. Bought her so many plants through the years and she managed to kill them all, she even killed a Mother-In-Laws Tongue. The plant I had that I cried when the X managed to kill it (over watered) was my AZ cactus, Mom's cousin lived out there and she brought me a start out of her yard one year, I babied it and would check the weather, if it rained in AZ it got watered. Was gone for a week and X trying to be nice watered my plants everyday.

Comment

I been using used coffee grinds and tea leaves for many years on my indoor plants, I swear this treatment works wonders.
              Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

tea leaves?????? they work too?....

must try that ..... this summer when I repot my geraniums .I plan to use a lot of coffee grounds..
                makes the soil stay soft....

Geraniums also don't like over watered... too much water. you get leaves... less water, more flowers.

Comment

Working...
                X