Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the transformation

from summer to winter

now that we have had a couple of hard frosts and temperature has dipped... the leaves are down,, and everything weed is burned away... amazing how it changes the countryside....

all the stuff hidden by foliage is now visible and it is not a pretty sight....to me winter is a "dirty" time of year for yards and houses... the snow comes and covers it temporarily but when it melts it is even worse..

only good thing,,,,it lengthens the view ...I see the farm across the fields from my kitchen window.. and seem to have more light in the house from the sunshine..

what does it look like in your neighborhood?

ps..I miss the colors! while driving along, no flower beds blooming..
    and positively can not stand the Christmas lights....some houses,yards are sooooo ugly...and sadly very few displays of the nativity scene...the reason for the season..
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 12-01-2011, 08:26 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

We don't have to much color change here, but the neighbors leaves all blow in my driveway unless they have racked and bagged. Before we got the garage door put in all the leaves would end up in there. It is very windy today so when I go out for the mail will go out the front door instead of the garage. Do not want a bunch of leaves and trash. We haven't had a good freeze yet but we might next week, then the leaves will fall off the mesquite trees and I'll be able to see the house across the street better as they have several in their yard.

A few have put up lights and Christmas displays out. I'll just put up a wreath. I do love all the yard displays around and some do have the nativity scene out. Christmas eve Bim and I will drive around the neighbor hood for a bit looking at it all.

Comment

With moderate temperatures, and a lot of evergreens, it doesn't look all that much different here. The one 'bad' tree we have here is losing all it's leaves, but slowly,and they do blow up against our door. Constant fight to keep them out.

I loved the October/November show of color we had this year. Brilliant colors, thousands of birds flying overhead. Of course, I would have been happier if they'd been flying the other way, but soon enough. No choice but to let every season have it's time.

Comment

We had an unusual color show about a week ago but this wind has almost stripped the trees.
        The back patio would be covered with leaves but the wind blew them all up against Joy's door. I'm sure she'll like that.

Comment

Well, we have a huge difference here. All the green trees (other than evergreens) have long ago lost their leaves. The corn is cut on all 4 sides of us and we can for a long distance...unfortunately all there is to see is grayness. Flowers gone, all is ugly and will be for months to come. I do not like winter!
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Love winter...but, so far we haven't had very much snow.
            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
            Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Working...
            X