Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy...

Woke up at 6.30 and so far I have....

Cooked a casserole including making a beef stock for it, washed and hung out 3 loads of laundry, fed the chickens, cleaned the hob and turned on the self cleaning function for the oven, cleaned the kitchen and now it is 9am and the voting stations are open so I shall go and vote on my way to the hardware store to buy paint. Whew!!

Yep, today is our General Election so by tonight we should have a result, usually preliminary counts are all done by 10pm, midnight at the latest.

This afternoon we pick up a friend from the airport and he will be with us until March as he prefers warm weather and it's getting cold over there.

And the painting, we ripped out our bedroom ceiling this week as after 10 years of trying to solve the mould problem we decided that complete removal was the solution...so by the end of the weekend I hope to have that sealed and painted. Wishful thinking methinks as I will be distracted with catching up with our friend.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

My, you have been busy. Hope the people you vote for will win!

Comment

They did win, no surprises there. You would probably be horrified with a 4 week long campaign to elect both the government and the Prime Minister!!

As expected the painting didn't get done.
      Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

would love only 4 week of campaigns....our politician campaign from one election to the next ... every decision they make is based on how it will effect their "chances".
        I"m being very sarcastic..but it is true..especially the pres. we have now..

you were saying,,, you are on the same busy wheel as Mickie and Donna... ....good luck getting ceiling back up
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I know that the political campaigns over there are very protracted, we have an election every 3 years and the real campaigning is really only 4-8 weeks but this year it was shorter as we were hosting the Rugby World Cup.

Next year it's Local elections for Mayors and Councils, then we have a year of rest.

Comment

Cynders, you sure have been busy...I'm exhausted for you.
            As for politics... I think the politicians spend vulgar amounts of money to get elected! What a waste of money. Why can't they just report on the news what their agendas are and let that be the only time we have to hear their spill. I hate neg commercials. or any political commercials. Also while I'm on my soap box...I want reporters to be fair and not bias. Don't need their opinons.
            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
            Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Working...
            X