Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarn Stash Logic

Perfectly logical...hum, yes (the video is titled 'i don't see the problem'

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

I haven't bought yarn for a very long time but have a bunch. An older friend has given me boxes of yarn out of her closets, her daughter told me to take all that she gives me as in a 3 bedroom home she has all the closets filled with yarn so what she gives me is less that they have to deal with when something happens to her.

Comment

Strange little video, but we've had a similar discussion.

Comment

and that is why we keep all the half skeins,,,and little balls of ends ...so we can make "something ,someday"... that will cost us nothing..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

People are always giving me yarn...like it when I get more than 1 skein of a color...not crazy about little balls of this color or that color. I always take it no matter what I get and appreciate it. And give thanks.
          I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
          Phillipians 4:13

Comment

I am about to buy yarn for a new afghan I want to make for my Grandson wedding gift or for his fiances shower gift.. going to check my big box that is stashed , to see if I have any I can use.... I have enough in that box I could have made an all color something or other

Comment

Yarn! My favorite thing, besides books. Gave GS 5 afghans last week. Don't have yarn left over, use
              every inch of it. Make dog and cat beds, with the extra, they look like Joseph's coats but Meow and
              Rowdy don't mind. My storage building is full, gave away about 10 over Christmas. Neice with a new
              baby, I stocked her up. Have tried to give the afghans to the nursing homes here in town, but have
              yet to even get a call back from any of them. Will try the humane society, doggies love them.

Comment

Used to have a big stash as I worked in a yarn store. But have given it all away as I no longer can see well enough.

Comment

Made 6 large afghans for christmas presents made mostly of hand me down yarn...had to buy a few skeins for some of them.

In the past 2 weeks made 2 baby blankets for twins that are due on valentines day. (boys) Used new yarn this time....

Plan to make granny squares quilts with the rest of my stash.
                  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                  Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Spring ...I have not made a granny square afg. lately...that is a great way to use up all the bits and pieces... once I get the new wedding gift one finish,,, think I will set the box of yarn out and start making squares.... can always make a few and stash , put together later..

Comment

I like to use scrap and ends of yarns in granny square.... one big granny square ..... afghans. Sometimes the corners of rows are a diffent color than the rows. Very colorful and playful to the eye. Make nice lap covers for sitting with a book or TV.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I'm almost ready to start the afghan I am making for Grson and fiance ....she wanted Pink and purple... could not find a really good purple at JoAnnes or Michaels..... finally saw a purple on line... ordered it, came today... yea ,,,will work perfectly... will return the reddish purple I had bought.. and might exchange the light iris ,,it is the soft Caron yarn and the other 3 colors are in the heavier Red Heart... IF I can find a light lilac in Red heart...

I was really surprised at how fast my order was filled and shipped... Ordered it last Friday. the 10th and it was here today..
                        Postage was steep.. but the yard was on sale. so it evened out..

then If my thumb doesn't give out I will start making squares....I always found you go buy more yarn when you start making squares .. ... will try to control myself... ( mr arthuritis lets me alone)

Spring you have been quite busy with your needles... and you too Red.

Comment

Working...
                        X