Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're home, so time to check the garden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're home, so time to check the garden.

While we froze our butts off in MI, the weather was 90-92° here. Today and the coming week temps will be in the 80's.
    My garden was planted and covered with shade cloth before we left. Now I need to go check on it and be sure it's okay. I also have to find my holographic ribbons to tie in and around my tiny apple tree. There were quite a few apples starting, and I want to beat the birds to them. The netting didn't do it last year!
    I'm hoping to see some progress with the tomatoes and strawberries, which are the only plants I put in. The rest are seeds, and I'm anxious to see what will sprout.
    I have a raised bed garden, so weeds usually are not a big problem. I also want to buy a birdbath for the yard. Maybe the birds will be happy with the water rather than juicy plants? And, besides, I bought a solar birdbath fountain thingy, and we can have water spouting up from it. I didn't get the birdbath itself yet, because it was resin, which has a more limited lifespan in our heat. When the temps drop to the lower 80's after this week, we can get those blasted greenhouses removed and have a place for the birdbath. I'd like to get other plants that will grow in this caliche ground.
    Plus, I have lower-branches to trim off my trees yet. That is early (!) morning work, so I have to plan it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

We must have had some big winds last night. The sun shade cloth was knocked about, taking down both tomato cages.
    No damage to plants or seedlings, though. I just clipped the cloth to a couple sturdy things outside my garden, and all should be good, even in storms....should we get any.
    I picked my first 3 strawberries off one of the two plants. Nice reward for my work. I may get more berry plants this weekend.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
    X