X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received from our Val

Dear friends:

A big thank you and an update. Thank you for all the
    prayers. I am sure they are helping me get through this really tough time. I did not get the results I wanted. It isn't a cataract. The loss of vision is due to wet macular degeneration. My only options are to have the injections in the eye and see if that will buy me some extra time or go blind sooner. I had 1 injection 2 years ago and it was horrific and I am petrified, but I must try and get over the fear. I am not a candidate for surgery.

I know that God has a plan, but it's hard to have to give up lectoring, working and driving. I will find out on 9 January if I will be able to continue driving. I will work until I can't do the job any longer. My pastor was wonderful, kind and caring when I talked with him and he gave me the Sacrament of the Sick Again, thank you for your prayers. PLEASE keep them coming. I need them more than ever. Please feel free to add my name to any prayer list you send out.

Hugs and gratitude,
    Val
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

thank you, JoGee, for posting this. I will be adding her name to our prayer roll. and her to my personal prayers.

Comment

Bless her heart. Wish I could give her a hug.
      Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

always in prayer for you, Val...

(((((((((((((Val)))))))))))))))
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I am truly blessed to have the Rounders in my life - even after a long absence. I feel so bad because I seem to show up only when I am in need. You cannot imagine how often I think of y'all anmd pray for ypou. I love and miss you. I have lost most of my vision and everything is done with LARG print and magnifying glasses, etc. I do npt drive at nigt and very little during the day. I will have to mke plans to move to a place where I will hve help. That's going to be a hugh change! I I will also have to give up my parish office job. Ihave already had to stop reading at Mass. Leaving the office means I will not have Internet access except om my phone and ipad. But, I have no idea how much longer I will have my vision. Thank you for your prayers!
          Last edited by Punkin; 11-17-2014, 08:35 PM.
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Another thread that can be reposted. Some things don't change much, do they? I AM really grateful that God has allowed me to continue to see after 3 years. Even though my vision is bad, I am better off than lots of people. I am blessed also because I have so many friends who love, encourage, serve and support me all along this rocky path. Your prayers and your friendship keep me going. Thank you!!!
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Val, that is a great outlook!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I have my days, Jo! Some are better than others. I find myself throwing pity parties - and sometimes even invite guests. But, for the most part, I do OK. The loss of independence is my greatest obstacle, especially when I have so many added medical appointments. My friends all have lives, families, jobs, responsibilities, etc. and it is HARD for me to ask them to transport me all over the place.

I am so thankful that the SC Commission for the Blind pays for EVERYTHING - transportation, food, lodging, visual aids, training, etc. for all their programs. I have to go to Columbia for the Low Vision Clinic for Older Blind That is scheduled for January, but I might get to go in December if there is an opening because of the holidays They hold it in the morning on the 2nd Wednesday of the month and it is limited to 12 people.. They will pick me up at home and bring me back. My caseworker has also put me in to be a leader at the Senior Camp for the Blind in May. I don't know if I can be a leader - I don't even know what a leader does! But Veronica says that I can do it because I am "spunky!" I told her I might not be so spunky by the time May gets here! LOL They have me set up to have the O & M (Orientation and Mobility) Training. I can get either ebooks or ereaders through them. They have a program where I can call and ask that the newspaper be read to me each day. I have an 800 # to call and get phone numbers (no charge) because I can't read the phone book. I am amazed at the resources they have and I am just starting to get the information on what is available.

Comment

Val, once you get accustomed to the people there, and what everything is about, I think you'll make a fine group leader.
                  By leading the others, you will gain more confidence in yourself. And....when in doubt...your caseworker will be there for you. That's what she is for.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X