Prayer for those we love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for those we love

Don't know about you, but a lot of my friends and loved ones are in a position to ask for prayer. So instead of a monthly heading, thought it might be nice just to keep this one going.

I'll go first! Michael is having more problems because of the multiple sclerosis. Just wants to sleep all the time, because that's where he is the most comfortable.

Our dear JoS needs prayer because of several different medical problems. I know that sometimes, when we don't see the Lord's purpose for the problems in our lives, those problems are more overwhelming.

Comment

Thank you, Deb.

In light of this morning's posts, I'll add Josty. I'm thinking she is gonna be in a lot of pain for some time.
      Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I would like to ask for prayer.....I find being "disabled" to be so painfully frustrating and I seem to dwell on certain things. Spring has always been my time of year. I love planting flowers and making my yard look nice. I am able to do a little bit of it still, but I can't just decide I want something moved and go move it, etc. I am not good at waiting for someone else to do what I used to do for myself. Also, I have one of those husbands that is a chronic thinker, but seems to think I know what he is thinking, but I don't. I'm not praying to change other people, please just help me pray to be better able to accept my situation and to have patience with those around me. They are doing fine, but I'm frustrated near to death. REALLY need the Lord's help with this. Thank you.

Comment

Jo, I can so identify with what you are going through, both physically and mentally. It is so frustrating to never feel as good as you think you should, and when there is increased pain and discomfort, the mind and spirit are influenced. That's one reason why I go to sleep listening to ministry tapes, and wake up to the type of Christian music we like. That way, my first thoughts aren't negative.

When it gets bad, just remember that there are folks in Oregon praying for you~

Comment

Thank you, Deb. I was pretty sure you would know where I am at. It's not easy to accept, but then again, my name could have been Job and that would have been much worse!

Comment

There's someone praying for you in South Carolina also. I KNOW what it's like to know you should be doing much more than you can do. Just try and keep in mind that you are NOT your illness and you aren't any less of a wonderful human being because of what you can DO. It's NOT what you do - it's who you are!

My major obstacle are the people who judge me for not being able to stand for the Gospel at Mass, etc. and the ones who will not alllow me to do the things I can do while I can do them. I have two people who constantly make the decision that, because I am in pain, I shouldn't be a Eucharistic Minister or a lector. Thank God, my pastor doesn't agree with them. But it's tough being ignored and not asked to do what I love doing. Pray for me and for those people!

As usual, please continue to pray for Donald and Stewart. Neither one of them is doing well physically, spiritually or emotionally.

Thank you for the prayers!!
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Praying for you, too, Val. Its sad to raise our kids and do our dead level best to make them happy and well rounded and then have to sit back and watch them self destruct. Keep doing what you can regardless of other's opinions. If we don't do anything, we'll go nutso!

Comment

Amen, Jo. Life is too short to dwell on the negatives and too long not to be as active as our bodies will allow.

It's sometimes hard to understand why, when the kids have been having problems for so long, it hasn't gotten easier to deal with them - and their father! By now, I should be used to it and better able to deal with things. Just isn't happening that way. Thank God for God!!!!!
                  "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Prayers are still needed for Donald and Stewart. Maybe 2014 will be a good year!!!!! no courts, jails, rehab, etc.! Ya think?? lol

Comment

We can always pray.....God will deal with them as he sees fit. All things work together for good for those who believe. Lots of power in that!

Comment

At times, we have to thank God with tears rolling down our faces!
                        Loving and praying for all our Rounders!

Comment

So very good to see some new posts in here!

Comment

Working...
                          X