X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavenly Hope

Pastor Greg Laurie
    www.harvestunited.org

In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

We don't have to be stressed out or troubled in our hearts because, as Christians, our destination is eternal life in heaven. No matter what happens, no one can rob us of that great hope.

Maybe you've lost your job or your car won't start. Maybe you have all kinds of problems in your life right now--but you are still going to heaven.

The apostle Paul encouraged the church with these words:

That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our inner strength in the Lord is growing every day. These troubles and sufferings of ours are, after all, quite small and won't last very long. Yet this short time of distress will result in God's richest blessing upon us forever and ever! So we do not look at what we can see right now, the troubles all around us, but we look forward to the joys in heaven which we have not yet seen. The troubles will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 TLB).

The surest word in the universe

Jesus promises that there is a real place called heaven, and you have His word on it—the surest word in the entire universe.

Now when Jesus said, "In My Father's house are many mansions," I don't believe He was speaking of a celestial Beverly Hills with beautiful, palatial mansions for those who live really godly lives on Earth. The Amplified Bible renders this verse: "In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (or homes)."

Who can begin to imagine what these "homes" or "dwelling places" will be like? All I know is that Jesus Himself—the One who created the universe with all its wonders—has been working on preparing a place for us for more than 2,000 years.

I can only imagine

I agree with Paul when he wrote: "No mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord" (2 Corinthians 2:9 TLB).

Jesus has promised us that we will be together with Him in heaven, for eternity, in the place He has prepared for us. And He will keep His word.

I so needed this this morning! God brought me here first thing!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
    X