Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to Meet God

Greg Laurie
    You can know God and make Him known at Harvest with Greg Laurie. Explore "A New Beginning," daily devotions, live events, and other free resources.

"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them."

—Revelation 20:11

If you are a Christian, the idea of a final judgment shouldn't frighten you. Here is the good news: Though it is true there will be a final judgment, it is also true that you won't be there. Christians will be judged, but it will be more like an awards ceremony that will take place in heaven as rewards are meted out for faithful service to the Lord. It will not be a judgment as to whether or not you go to heaven.

You see, when believers die, they don't go before God to determine whether they will get into heaven. Let's see if your name is in the book. . . . Okay. You are in. Come in. That is not how it works. When believers die, they go straight to heaven. They are in. It is done. It is sealed.

On the other hand, the people who stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgment are not getting in, and that judgment will demonstrate why they are not getting in. The reason is because their names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life: "And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15).

It doesn't matter who you are, how important you are, how famous you are, or how wealthy you are. None of that will matter. You will stand before God. And the big question will be, what did you do with Jesus Christ?

So here is my question to you: Are you ready to meet God? Jesus came to this earth to die, to pay the price for our sins, and to rise again from the dead so that we don't have to be afraid when our lives come to an end. We can be ready to meet God.

I don't believe I will ever be ready to meet God. It will be, totally through His grace, His mercy and His forgiveness, that I will be given the gift of eternal life, despite my failures and brokeness.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
    X