Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does It Take?

This is by Jack Kelley

Q. When talking about salvation what are the absolutes one has to believe to be saved? Is there a difference between somebody who refuses to believe Jesus is God and somebody who may accept Jesus as their savior and tragically dies that night without full understanding of who Jesus is?

A. In order to be saved, you have to believe you’re a sinner unable to save yourself (Romans 3:23). You have to believe Jesus died for all the sins of your life to purchase your forgiveness (Colossians 2:13-14). You have to believe that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9), and you have ask Him to be your Savior and believe by faith that He will agree (Matt. 7:7-8).

Although the Bible doesn’t demand that we believe Jesus is God to be saved in the first place, a little study will make it clear that only God in human form could meet the necessary requirements to save us. Therefore I think where salvation is concerned there is a difference between refusing to believe Jesus is God in human form, and not having a chance to learn that He is.

In order to claim that Jesus is not God in human form and yet was able to give His life for ours requires that we reject what the Bible says about Him (John 1:1, John 10:30, John 14:9, Colossians 1:15-16, Hebrews 1:3, 5-9) and believe it’s possible for a man to be with out sin and not be God (Hebrews 4:15).

This is so true.....
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Working...
    X