Time for Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Prayer

I KNOW that a lot of the Rounder's do indeed pray, in the Biblical sense of praying. Why we don't share more, and this includes my self, eludes me.

Today is Sept. 08, 2011, and we have a lot to pray for!

First on the list is Mona - as you may have read,she is in the hospital at the present time with pneumonia, and a 'silent' heart attack.

Those of us who care, who call ourselves by His name, who love this country and hate the direction it is going in, should be praying for the U.S. on this tenth anniversary of 9/11. There are daily threats against the safety of our citizens, and forces from within who wish to destroy the very foundations that this country was built on.

If we don't find time to spend with the Lord on a daily basis, are we really believers? 'Prayer' is not a bunch of 'thees' and 'thines' and 'thous', it's talking to him as the friend he is to us.

You are right, Deb. I pray all the time. On occasion, I get deep in prayer about a certain matter, but mostly just talk to him silently as he knows my thoughts. I should share more of myself with the rest of you.....I'll try to do better.

My biggest prayer right now is to stay sane in a world that has gone mad...both my little world and the whole world. I know that things happen as they are supposed to but watching the prophecy being fullfilled is a hard pill to swallow.

I am very gratefull to God that the 9/11 anniversary didn't see any new attacks. I was a bit worried about that. Sometimes I wish Eve was around these days so I could have smacked her and kept her away from that blasted tree!
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I know, Jo. There are so many distractions, something pulling at us all the time, whether it be family or friends, jobs, hobbies. Right now, getting Michael and Jess ready for Israel is taking several hours a day; and I should be praying all the time that Michael stays strong enough all the way through the time they are there.

God created us, so he understands, but He also promises that he listens when we come to Him in prayer.

Comment

Oh, how wonderful that they get to go to Israel!!!!! That has always been a dream of mine...to walk on land that our Savior walked on, to see the empty tomb, etc. I will pray that Michael will make it.
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

25 October 2011~

Praying for Cork, Donna, Becca and Blaise. Peace for all of them, a good job for Cork, and Kathy making good decisions for herself and Blaise.

Comment

Deb. I believe in prayer and I pray for all the rounders every night.

Every time I step in the car -no matter where I am going -I don't get out of the garage before I say and prayer and when I get back another prayer goes up -for getting me there and back safely.

I want to keep driving as long as I can -just short trecks to grocery store , bank etc. -and I hae driving along -since DH died. So it is company for me to have my chats with Him and believe me we do cover a lot of issues.

JOS --I think everything in world to-day is really in a mess --so mixed up.

No Lord's prayer in schools anymore, yet they are talking about letting them have the Muslim prayer in school. What I don't understand is -why can't they have both -that would be ok -but Lord's prayer should never have been taken out of schools.

Can't say Halloween here anymore. It is now called Fall Festival --can't say Merry Christmas -it is Happy Holidays.

Who started all this nonesence--politicians- I have been told. They should wake up and make better decisions

Sorry Deb. this is more like a rant.

Comment

No problem, Louise, I'm right there with you.

Comment

Working...
              X