Riddle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle

This is a human interest riddle. You're on a bus. A man and four children get on the bus and sit down in the seats beside and behind you. The children are very loud and annoying and the man seems to be in his own little world and is not correcting the children's behavior. You are about to go postal and so are the other passengers. You wonder if you should speak to the man. What would you do?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Are the man and the children traveling together or did they just happen to get on the bus at the same time and just happened to sit in close proximity to one another?

Comment

They are traveling together as a unit and at this time you are not aware they are a family, but you are assuming they are one.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I would speak very quietly to the child sitting next to me and continue speaking quietly to the child. Eventually the child will want to know what I am saying and will have to quiet down to do so.

Comment

That is good Becky. The father of these children has just come from a hospital where he has been told that his wife, the children's mother, has died of Cancer. He is devastated, of course, and is blocking the noise and activity of the children. The children are not yet aware of their mothers death and even though they are aware that something is wrong they are too young to understand death. You did the right thing by trying to calm the child next to you. We as humans do not always know what is around us and some may want to yell at the father and tell him to get his kids to quiet down, but sometimes just a kind voice or giving some attention can soothe and calm and help a fellow human.

Comment

Working...
          X