Saturday, January 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 18

Good morning Rounders! I was so lethargic yesterday after that injection that I slept for 8 hours, which is unusual for me. I still cannot bear too much weight on that leg. It hurts worse this time.

Oh, Maxie, they had 5 of those huge tubs of Ice Cream like you get in an ice cream shop. I didn't have any because of my sensitive teeth, but DH had some and he said it was good. It was sugar free too!

The surprise we got on stepping through the door is that the place is all Chinese staff. I checked out the buffet before she seated us to make sure it was an Ocean Buffet, and it definitely is. The wait staff is very attentive, more than any buffet we have ever been to and that is a lot because every vacation we headed to the beach and that is what we always went to for seafood. They had some Roasted Salmon that was to die for. Loved the garlic shrimp, stuffed crab shells, sautéed mushrooms, shrimp many different ways, and everything I tasted was delicious. They also have a soup station and I had the sweet & sour. Yes, we will go back there soon. They had a lot of seafood that I didn't try, but maybe I will later.

I will have to take it easy and work on a puzzle this weekend. May have to drag out that cane too! Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 01-18-2020, 01:27 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! I am up but our friends husband just called and said Debbie woke up with vertigo and is down so we are not going to Sacramento today. It will work out for another time. I hate vertigo and really feel for her.

I will get those garden grinds today and do some things I have put off. Like everything.. daycare has been hectic the last two weeks and I want to change the rooms a bit and see if that helps with kids and personalities.

Monday I am closed. All the moms have that day off. I am using the afternoon to drive a young mom and her toddler to the mom’s radiation treatment. She has had her surgery and now has 6 more weeks ( week 1 down) of daily radiation. She goes up to Redding for it and friends have signed up. This is the only day I could this month so I am happy it works out and no daycare parents are put off.

I have to finish getting ready for the day. Take care of yourselves and sip something warm ( or cool, Karlinann!)

Comment

Morning Karlinann and those coming later. That was some buffet! I have been thinking about crab cakes. One trip to the beach we made before the hurricanes destroyed all the mom and pop places along the beach, we had the best crab cakes. We walked from our hotel down the beach in the sand and ate family style. I do miss the mom and pops being gone...the little souvenir shops on every corner. The beach has changed and I like the old ways but we still go! And I do think about those crab cakes!

We never got a flake of snow yesterday but sleet and ice were readily available. The pot of chili was a hit! I even made a pan of corn bread and baked my cake. I already have had a big piece of cake for breakfast this morning. I was more domestic in one day than I have been in months! It was exhausting...will have to rest up today by eating cake and an afternoon hockey game. Rain is going to stop and temps drop like a rock so it will be a good afternoon to stay in. We are going into a spell of single digit temps next week. Winter is so long and cold and a totally unnecessary season if you ask me. It is only good for hockey!

Got a letter from my bank that they are no longer going to have free banking for seniors. What?! I have been at the bank for more years than I can count. Suddenly I have no free banking? So I call and I can join the classic 50 club and get free checking. I was classic 50 before the bank takeover a few years ago and they took me out and now I have to go back in...in person at the bank. Sounds like a racket but if they jerk me around and change account numbers I will be moving to a bank closer to here. I have direct deposits and one automatic withdrawal and if I have to go through the trouble of changing accounts I will just change banks closer to me. You know darn good and well banks are making a killing and now they have to mess with seniors for a couple of bucks a month? And e statements? Why are they so upset that I want a paper statement and will be charged if I do not switch to e statements. More crappola so I need to make a special trip back home next week and discuss banking with a stranger on accounts I have had for 40 years. No wonder old people have heart attacks. We do not like change and fees!!

I am going to do a load of laundry today and try to do better about staying on top of it. Have ironing too. But mainly just going to spend the weekend staying warm. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxi, hope you can get your bank account fixed. I know what you mean about changes. Change is inevitable, but I don't like it. It messes with my head.

Good morning..I am still under my covers

Comment

Hello! Those WW sure don't know crap. If I miss calculated my flour, sugar, or salt, I'd not have a single customer. Obviously God is in control. They kept saying 3-5" of snow...we got MAYBE an inch. I know I should be grateful, but still….all that hype for nothing. I think they are in the back pockets of WM and other grocery stores.....rush purchases of salt, bread, & milk.

Yesterday was good. Started off by running into Mary's Cakes to get some Baby Shark (do, do, do do) items & couldn't find a one. Had the great idea that DG would surely have BD plates or cards with BS...nope. Had to come home & print off a coloring page of BS, color, & then laminate it. The cake turned out so cute. Got the customer's pineapple sugar cookies iced too. Went to play cards last night @ my Aunt P's, and took a nice veggie & dip tray. Had some fresh fruit on it too....blueberries & grapes. We had fun. My Aunt P nags her daughter Linda which drives my Mother insane, so she refuses to play with them anymore. They don't know that's why she won't come anymore. It is annoying, but I just write it off as Aunt P is just getting grumpy and always did nag. My Uncle Ck seemed to keep her in check before he died.

This morning I got to sleep in a bit. I'm now working on 3 kinds of soups....chili, cheesy potato, and ck & rice. Plan to take some of each for cards tomorrow night. Becca is coming down & will be our 4th. Today we are taking the tree down. I have no other plans. We'll see.

Maxie...my bank has started charging me $3/mo because I haven't switched to e-statements. I like paper that I can look at and refer back to if need be. I also like to hold a book & read it.
        When we lived in Shelby, OH, they had an Ocean Buffet we went to a few times. The rest of the family wasn't into seafood as much, and preferred another Chinese buffet.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the thing...young people do not understand that we seniors like holding and touching paper. I know I can print off the statement but that is just adding a step to the process. And I feel the same way about books you do. I like the smell of a new book and I like holding it. I do order books from Amazon mostly but remember going into the book store and browsing. I have a stack of books that I am not reading right now but you know, it is comforting knowing I have a stack of books to read. Nuts right?

I am sure your shark cake is adorable but a lot of work running around making it perfect.

I get charged 2.00 month for my paper statements. I use them especially during tax prep and can hold it, highlight and take notes. I Hate anything and Everything about account changes. The last change of my debit card is still trouble with AT&T but that is now more about them than my card.
        At least I have such a friendly helpful bank.

I love Maryland crab cakes! My favorite meal back there was a breakfast I had twice of eggs Benedict with crab cakes layered on top of the muffin, then the eggs!
        Just checking in. Love to you all!

Comment

Working...
        X