Thursday, January 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 16

Good morning Rounders! I'll be back! We got a big, big box of grinds from Starbucks yesterday after grocery shopping. They said the box would be that big every time we didn't pick it up on Sunday. DH didn't go to Mass Sunday because he had a sleepless night on Saturday.

I scattered the grinds all over the front yard. Believe me that grass needs a good shot of nitrogen. It is sparse and although it's looking much better since we got the irrigation system, it still needs that feed of nitro.

I had a bare spot in the backyard where I had taken up that big Rosemary plant and put it in a container. I pulled out the weeds and added some grinds to that and put some grass shoots in and watered.

The birds had a party at the birdbath yesterday. There were eight of them in at once. They nearly splashed out all the water. We are inside watching them through the Lanai window. I have all the blinds on the Lanai open so I can see out and we can get that light. We have sliders that go out to the Lanai. There were more birds to come and get a splash and a drink after the party broke up. They are so fun to watch.

Nothing on the list today. Come what may! Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 01-16-2020, 06:03 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning my peeps....weather is supposed to start changing today....going to my sisters house over the weekend, and my other sis will be there also, looking forward to being together and want to make sure we get our picture taken together....going to an anniversary party for couple we vacation with sometimes, found out he has stage 4 lung cancer and she has congestive heart failure, thinking more of the longevity of life...had a cousin in KY that was in a head on collision right before Christmas, a miracle she and her husband survived, but she never got out of the hospital, was doing better, but threw a clot 2 days ago and passed away, she was 50. Makes a person think for sure, and even more so when you have many health issues..

Today I am going to get my butt off the couch and get the laundry done, one of my most dreaded chores, seems it wears me out...hubby goes through a lot of clothes, were I on the other hand have had the luxury of wearing flannel pants and thermal shirts and if you aren't working up a sweat or spilling things on yourself you can wear for 3 days. (TMI I do change my undies everyday though) Same with my nightgowns..I don't get out much...

We have been working on getting motorhome loaded with all things that can be loaded, nothing that will freeze, we want do anymore until maybe 3 days before we hit the road, then the heat will be on and refrigerator and freezer loaded...glad we have a full size refrigerator..and lots of cabinets...(just don't put anything up in those cabinets when it is warm outside) right jostoy?

Well off to see the cleaning lady (me) to get a plan going for the day. Hope there is a big bright spot in your life today..have a good one.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Right...unless you want to eat "chocolateless chocolate candy" But they were still good.

Morning...looks like a sunny morning coming up. Yesterday it was 57 and tomorrow they are predicting an ice storm. Need to run out for milk today. Not because of the storm coming tomorrow but because we need milk. Also need to pick up something for supper tonight. Any ideas?

Yesterday lunch with the school chums was ok. They talked about people I did not know and then someone said 'you have been gone to long'. Funny that...I was 5 miles away most of my married life but my life certainly did not intermingle with theirs. My friend Jan told me her sister died and I did not even know her married name. You know we pretty much lived the same types of lives but never mixed and they kept the same friendships and I made new. Thinking back I took my husbands friends...and two beautiful neighbor ladies that became the best friends I ever had. Besides these school chums got old..how did that happen to them? But I did get a bowl of french onion soup and that was worth the trip.

Today is laundry. Like Boffler, I live in sweats and flannels...warm and comfy! And since moving here I know no one so do make much of an effort in dress. I have noticed they wear a lot of spandex here and that is not my style. I still do not understand grandmothers wearing their pjs to walmart. But anyway...laundry today. Blues lost in OT last night but the point we gained in the tie was enough to put us in first place overall in the league. For one night anyway.

Can you imagine a bird bath in the winter around here? The birdies would be ice skating! But I do want a bird bath and have the perfect place picked out. But first we are going to scrape up the mulch and use rock. Mulch is just not what it is cracked up to be plus the birds are throwing it on the sidewalk. People inside are messy enough without the varmints outside adding to it.

Have a wonderful day everyone..

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, if it's an ice storm on the way I would either make chili or a pot of spaghetti for dinner. Both can be reheated if you make enough. They are great for cold icy weather.

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      I prefer ham and beans. But then to make them good...need a good ham bone.

Good morning...I got the results of my blood work from my doctor. Not good. My A1C was 8. Which isn’t good. No more regular soda at work...I need to limit my ice cream at work and make sure I take my meds.

Getting groceries and I have a couple of appointments today

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth, you can get that A1C down. Cut out all sugar and go on a Perimeter Diet, or as I like to say, Lean & Green. Are you Diabetic? This is serious Beth and I care about you and I know you can do this. If you want to live a good life and care about yourself you can make a change. It's all you Girl! Exercise, relieve stress, and diet are the key factors.

Dark, rainy and windy out! Cold with snow up the valley about 40 miles and I have my laundry going now. It will be an inside day for sure. I weathered the morning enough to go bring a garbage can onto the patio so I can take diapers out without getting blown away or drenched. Well, talking about hair not me physically being blown away!

Karlinann, specifically what do I ask at my Starbucks for? “ grinds?” Will they know what that is? What you just said about your lawn made me think of mine and how it needs something!

Talking about Spandex is funny! Monday at the empty nesters pot luck we women got to talking about wanting more in the clothes we were buying. The men were out back cooking the hamburgers so we were able to get in some girl talk. Maybe it’s our CA culture??? I have been on a search of where I hung or put away my black 3/4 sleeve Spanx top! Lol! My dresser and closet have benefitted although I have a feeling it got donated.

I am making chicken noodle soup for the daycare. One meal they all can and will eat.

I hope your day is exactly what you need it to be!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Grinds for the garden! They will save them for you if you talk to them. They may already have some ready to go. They do this everywhere that they have a Starbucks. Be sure to get their phone number to call before you go because if it's not close to home you don't want to go and not have anything to pick up. Just ask for Grinds For The Garden!

Got a text earlier to say last night the guys chose taco salad for tonight. But I think I will get the ingredients for chili for tomorrow,too. Good idea Karlinanne. Andrew has a noon dismissal tomorrow so a pot of chili will be good at any time in the afternoon and I do not have to cook much! Sometimes he wants a grilled cheese with his chili but he can make that himself. Beth, take care of your self! I can tell by the morning dishes that my son took his last sugar count seriously so you can do it.

So my milk run has turned into a shopping trip but the sun is shining and if I wait a few minutes more I can stop for lunch. Anyone heard from Cookie..is she MIA or have I missed her posts?

Comment

Hello! Do you know how many days I start responding, get part way thru my typing, and get interrupted? I've been here every day though.l

Just plugging along. One morning I helped sort eyeglasses for mission trips, then met Sue & Theresa for lunch at Mel's. Tues I went to town and did some serious grocery shopping. Came home and put the one chuck roast on for my dinner. Everyone had something different....Blaise tacos and Corky his ck & spinach pasta.

Yesterday was my birthday. Started the day out with going to my PCP for follow up...every 3-4 mos visit. BP was good and Cholesterol wasn't too too bad. Met my SIL and two of my cousins for lunch, then my SIL treated me to a movie too. We saw Little Women.

This morning I had a nurse stop by to do a health ck up for our new life insurance policies. Baked a batch of snickerdoodles so I could take some to Blaise's one teacher who is pregnant with #5. I ask her the day before when she called about something what she was craving @ 7 mos along. Took them to the school with me when I had a meeting with a counselor for Blaise.

Blaise has had a very very bad day and I know he'll be in a horrible humor when he gets home. He lied to both teachers, called a boy gay, and another boy stupid. None acceptable. He lost recess today to complete missed Math homework which he told me he had done in school. Now he's losing recess tomorrow because of calling names. Stopped to see my Mom on my way home to drop off cookies and some new book on CD.

I really should fix something for dinner, but I'm not in the mood.

Later!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday Cookie! Who bakes you a cake? Today I bought a red velvet cake mix and think I will bake it tomorrow with whip cream icing. Jon bought heavy cream for some recipe and picked up the biggest bottle they had of it! You will not believe it but I used to make red velvet cake from scratch..no cake mix back then and it was my husbands favorite. With real whip cream as icing. Yum! The grocery store was a mad house...guessing people are afraid of tomorrows predicted ice. No me..I am going to
        eat cake! Good to see you posting cookie!

Happy belated Birthday Cookielady! Yes, who bakes you birthday cakes? I am craving desserts like crazy, but I have to be good so my B/P will be a good read tomorrow.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
      X