Monday, January 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 13

Good morning Rounders! It was 84 here yesterday and I worked out in the garden again. I did a lot more transplanting. I even moved the Cleome's that were in bloom. Not all of them, but quite a few. I watered them in good and hope they survive. They were too close to the Blackberry bushes or shading the tomato seedlings that are about 8 inches high. I staked the bigger of the tomato's.

I cleaned up more leaves. They are in the compost bins now. I was dragging by lunch time. In the afternoon I had a thought to check the back of my Cottage Flower Garden seed packets for the planting time. It said Sept. to Feb. What! I already had a bed prepared for them so I planted both packets. I forgot that wildflowers can be planted in the fall. I watered those in good and pushed the seeds a bit under the soil so the birds won't eat them.

I cleaned up a can of yard waste, and now my garden is looking decent. I'm very proud of it. Can you tell?

Speaking of the birds, it is such a delight to watch them bathe in the birdbath. They get into the water 5 or 6 times and take a splash. So adorable!

Well, here it is Monday and I don't have anything on my To Do list. Oh yes I do. I am going to try the Awesome stain remover on the outside of our house. Those stains are wicked and that stuff might just work. If it does I'll be washing down the outside of our house. It will take me a good while to do it, but I am not going to pay some man to come and tromp all over my garden and hard work that I have put in to make it. Can you imagine them stomping around and dragging that pressure washer hose all around the yard? And the water usage? Heck, I need that water usage for my garden and it's not next to the foundation. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all...guess we are going to have a warming trend for a few days..then turn cold again, I guess typical weather for our area, February is usually our worst month...

Not much on my agenda today except to continue cleaning out drawers and file cabinet, and do the shredding...hubby took a bunch of papers out and burned them, was getting tired of shredding. Why oh why is there so much paper these days? I have pretty much gone paperless with all bills and such, have two I need to get set up, all auto pay, such hassle trying to keep track with so much going on at times, sure frees up a lot of time that way.

Hubby use to ask me all the time "did you save this, or did you save that"? I finally started a folder with his name on it, well it was a large one and he says "you didn't have to save all of that", well yes I did because you don't throw things away and when I do sure as shoot you ask for it..so instead of here's your sign I said here is your folder..

You know sometimes it is very hard to delete something on your computer, or throw things away in a drawer but in reality if it is only you that would care why keep those things, will just be a mess someone else will have to do for you...I am not holding on to things any longer, no more sticking in a drawer, especially cards you receive...I have also been cleaning out my computer, getting ready for a new one, need to put things on a flash drive so I will have them...this computer is ten years old and except for no longer being supported it still works fine for me, but somethings I try to do it tells me my browser and such is out of date...I do have a laptop that is newer and has Windows 10, but I do love a desktop...

I did call and leave a message for my DR. this morning to see if I can get into see her....Want to find out what the heck is going on, need to get in shape... healthwise at least..

Have a good day one and all whatever your day may bring...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday went so smooth for an opening night.

Work today dinner with friends tonight.

Comment

Morning! Had a bit of time to get in here this morning. Everything came up like normal but it just wouldn't connect. Oh well, when you are stuck with satellite every time you try to connect is a challenge. Snow is melting..must have warmed through the night. Ok with me but like Boffler it is going to get cold later this week.

I also have nothing going in today. Sierra wants me to meet her at work for the insurance money. It is due and I already paid it but I will go for the money. It is her bill! Jon is off today so will cook but I am pretty sure there isn't anything much to cook. Tomorrow I have to take his car in and drive home the loaner and Wednesday is the school chums lunch. Sounds like I have a week of doing things for other people. Believe me I am not that kind and generous..I just get stuck with these jobs cuz I don't have anything else to do.

Glad you are calling the doctor Boffler. Hope you can get some answers and results quickly. I still pay everything with checks. I am afraid of on line payments and banking. My computer skills are so bad that I worry I would do something wrong. My checks are direct deposit and my supplemental insurance is automatic withdrawal but I write a check for everything else. I know...I am a dinosaur!!! Just like to see and touch everything myself.

Need to figure out some menus and should grocery shop but think I will have another cup of coffee this morning before starting. 84* Karlinann? How depressing for the rest of us.

Comment

I made a Texas sheet cake this morning and the pork tenderloin I thought I would do yesterday so that took up my am free time and finally here now.
          Sharon, my niece with Crohn’s had to have a colonoscopy this morning and she just called and said it was perfect, so not sure why her doctor would want one, but so happy for good results. My brother went out to be supportive and pay whatever her teachers insurance did not. When she calls they were headed to a restaurant for Food! No food since 7:00 pm Saturday! Anyway, I know you understand what she lives with.

The cake is for a pot luck this evening. It is cold but the host is barbecuing burgers.
          Lots to do here, but it will have to wait. Gone are my days of doing any little jobs while doing daycare.

Maxi, while you are searching for a shower curtain I am now on the hunt for end tables or tables to be used as such. I am one who wants a place to set my glass or soda can and I need at least one that can support the lamp I bought for Christmas.
          of course, I just today saw another lamp I would love but after today’s first general public sale day, I am pretty sure it will be gone.

Hoping we all have a good day and any aches and sore muscles subside!

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t think I said anything about a colonoscopy, that part of me is okay at the moment. As follows, first I had a carotid scan, was then set up for a head neck cat scan with contrast, they saw something on top part of my lung and nodules on my thyroid and internal carotid artery. So now I am set up for a CT scan of my lungs, and a thyroid ultrasound. But openings are prime so I have a bit of a wait. But in mean time see the surgeon for the carotid artery Friday. I do have pneumonia I have an antibiotic now.

Hey, I am also looking for new end tables. But I know exactly what I want so there lies the problem. Thus far I have no shower curtain and no end tables. The tables in here my husband I bought in 1989 for the sitting room. I know, who uses a sitting room but we had it and had to put furniture in it. Add another year and they will be antiques but I am still sick of them!

Jon's car appointment has been changed so I do not need to go out tomorrow. It is so muddy out! We had approx. 4 inches of rain Friday and then Saturday another 4 inches of snow and sleet. It is now melting and has no where to go. Jon is making quick spaghetti for supper and the Blues play tonight. Sierra was in a very gabby mood and even gave me a hug so that was a trip worth taking. Turned out to be a good afternoon..

Beth glad your evening went good.

Comment

Working...
          X