Thursday, January 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 09

Good morning Rounders! Today is National Apricot Day! I love apricots.

DH ran over one of my containers yesterday morning on our way to Aldi's. He backed out of the garage and tore it up pretty good. The pot is destroyed, but it had a tomato plant growing in it so I put it in the ground at the outside corner bed of the garage. That bed goes down the whole side and has some Azalea's at the back end of it.

I had to pull out some Ox Eye Daisy to allow plenty of space for the tomato and while I was about it I noticed that the O E had taken over. It did the same thing last year. So, long story short I pulled it out all the way down and now I have 2 cans of it waiting for Yard Waste to pick up today. That stuff is very invasive, but it is beneficial for aerating the soil. It sends down longish strong roots and is very much like Ivy. Yes, my hands are sore and stiff this morning. So is the rest of me, but I got most of that out and now my tomato can get the sun all day and I only have one of those charcoal gray pots left. It's all good. They were here when we bought the house.

Today I'll be transplanting more Pink Baby's Breath. Every seed that dropped came up and there are at least a hundred. I will have to wait awhile for most of them to get big enough to transplant, but I have time.

Guess what? I overheard my neighbor talking to another neighbor yesterday and they are moving back up north. I was right when I saw the guy taking pictures of their house that day. Sound carries up here on this hill. I heard him say he wouldn't need his Golf Cart because there was nowhere to ride it. He also said his wife already had a job up there. I sure hope we get good neighbors.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good neighbors and a golf cart. Sounds like a plan Karlinann.

Good morning! It is going to rain soon and we are under a flash flood warning until Saturday with 3 to 4 inches of rain ending in snow Saturday. But that beats the storms they are predicting for the south. Hope they miss you Karlinanne.

I absolutely need to clean something...anything, since everything needs cleaning. We did not grocery shop last night so I have no idea what supper will be and with all the rain predicted and do want to stock up on bread and milk. Andrew recommended a place to eat last night and he and I always order breakfast. Eggs and the biggest pancakes. He told me to order only one but I was hungry and who couldn't eat two? Me for sure!! What is there about breakfast for supper? The place was packed and half the orders were breakfast. We will be going back to that place...nothing fancy but every table was full.

Love hearing your garden stories in the middle of January, Karlinann. Stupid question...do the tomatoes just die out like they do up north. We replant every Spring but how and when do you replant? Is there a life cycle for a tomato plant in the south?

Running late starting today so better get moving. Jon is off today and the Blues play tonight. House feels cool so better check if the thermostat says I am not home. Hate when it tells me where I am! Have a good day.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I throw the tomato seeds into the compost bucket all summer long and the compost pile does not get hot enough inside to cook the compost, so the seeds sprout and come up when I spread the soil around. I'm always moving plants and the seeds around them come up everywhere. I have 5 or 6 tomato plants coming up in the garden right now, maybe more. I will just let them grow. I really don't even need to save seeds, but I always do save a few. Yes, the summer tomato plants bear fruit and then die off and you pull up the plants just like where you are. It's just that we have had a warm winter and they keep growing. They are small plants.

Good Morning everyone...now raise your hand and say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag and if you so believe say 'under God'. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ance-93907224/ We are in some very trying times right now..

I am taking a break from Facebook but still have messenger if anyone I know here is on Facebook...so tired of the politics, hurt animals, kids, etc. it is bothering me way to much, so as not to offend, this is why.

Still not feeling up to par, but what else is new, just feel so sick, tired, sleepy and nauseated all the time..trying to get some carbs and protein in me and my multivitamin with essential minerals. Want to go grocery shopping for a few things, hubby said he would go for me, he is pretty worried about me....shucks I am also...

So for now I am going to my bed and turning on electric blanket because even with flannels I am freezing...my hands are so cold my cellphone won't respond, LOL..I'm as "Cold As Ice"!!

So have a good day one and all..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Let your DH do the shopping and stay home and take care. With a weak immune system you don't need to be exposed to anything. Stay under that blanket!

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Karlinann. Let your husband do the shopping and take care of yourself. I also think the state of our politics is depressing and not conductive to good health with the stress factor. We would not tolerate such incompetence running our homes but we elect these guys to run (ruin) our country. My opinion of course.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with K and M and hope you have something comfy to do in bed like magazines, books Or Pinterest..
      Sorry if I have posted too many dogs in need of rescue. Most I share get rescued.

Or tv? Wishing and praying for a good day for you!

I am late getting her but I wanted to come tell you I love you all! I woke up to news on face book a friend was in a horrible accident last week.Motorcyclist was showing off out running police and ran a yellow light and tboned my friends car. Guy on motorcycle died..my friend was driving the car and is in icu.

I went with friends yesterday for an early birthday get together yesterday.

today a hair cut....and going out tonight

tomorrow my actual birthday breakfast with my family. Then prep for nieces party on Saturday.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard the stunt cyclist are back on the highways...so darn dangerous! Best wishes for your friend. Happy Birthday!

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my gosh! That is just so sad. Prayers for your friend!

Happy Birthday Bethina! Hope your wishes all come true.

I'm sorry about your friend who is in the ICU.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning all.

Getting ready to "hit the streets" as soon as my SIL get ready. My new cellular blinds came in, so have to pick them up. My SIL needs to go to p.o. downtown, then we will be going to Sam's Club. Me for gas, her to pay her bill. Might e3ven go in with her to pick up some more fruit in those cup things. I bought grapefruit the last time we were in, and they are so good. I've always like grapefruit, but couldn't eat it when I was on B/P meds.

My fresh fruit seems to go bad before I can get it all eaten, so think the little cup things would be better for me. Would like to get peaches and ornges if they have them.

Sharon, you better be careful with those chills and all. The news is saying this years flu is going to be bad, and in fact over 5000 have already died from it. O)f course most have been babies and the elderly. Now I count myself old, but not elderly.

Everyone enjoy your day. Sharon, take care...I won't try telling you what to do or take!!!!

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Oh, your posts have got my mind going!
        I think a day in the garden with K would do us all good. Some can sit in the sun and warm up and some can dig and play in the dirt. That’s my daycare self talking.
        I want to find a “spiller “ for a pot on its side, Karlinann. And my kalanchoe died and needs replacing and the mum needs dead heading. If it was warmer I would ask you all here! Beth can play with my air fryer for us!

Ok, back to reality. I am meal prepping the dinner for the shelter so all I have to do is warm and throw on cheese. I have two meetings back to back tonight which rarely happens but when it does my day needs planning by the minute.
        That is one reason I will keep Saturday free for myself.

The sun came out and hoping the ground dries quickly. Kids need to run.

Ok, one really good thing happened last evening : I was organizing and going through boxes and opened a box labeled Storage and found two purses that I have not had for years! I thought the one favorite one had been lost or accidently donated. The other ( a red satchel) I don’t remember and obviously have more than enough red bags. It was better than Christmas! I had been looking on eBay for awhile wondering if I wanted to replace my favorite but pricing kept me thinking “not now’. So a good thing. Enough to keep my digging through the back of that closet!

I better go and prayers for all!

Comment

Working...
        X