Tuesday, January 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, January 07

Good morning Rounders! I took my B/P first thing and it is down, but I've got to get it way on down. I have been eating junk and processed and I know better. Back to the salads. I had a Mock Lobster salad for dinner and steamed broccoli and it was good.

Well, today is the mammogram and then I don't know what else. I'll probably get out there and enjoy some sun and move some flowers around.

Have you ever noticed the auto commercials? Some of them are like carnival people yelling at you and some are simply photos of nice vehicles with lovely music in the background. I prefer the latter! This town is full of car dealerships!!!!!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning Karlinann and those to come. I love the commercials when they play nostalgic music in the background. I am not going to run out and buy a new car but I do love the music!

I am also going to be out and about today. Have an 8:00 dermatologist appointment so have to leave here before 7:00. Have a bag of mail etc., to drop off for Sierra and while home renew the hometown newspaper...they open very early, then on to the DMV for license renewal and insurance company to pay car insurance. Need to return Andrew's hoodie...again, and he got into the car saying he needs jeans so I dug out the receipt from his last pair to make sure I get the exact pair and will stop at Farm and Home for a couple of pairs of jeans! He came in last night looking for a jacket and ended up with my Columbia jacket. It was an XL and fit him perfectly...they do run small but still. That kid is growing so fast and I told him last night I liked it better when he was a pipsqueak not growing! Anyway, I will be driving in a big circle today and spending more time driving than in actual places of business. Then home and will plop in the lasagna. Hockey tonight so will cap off a full day. Good thing I slept good last night.

Still searching for a beach house. Price and size are our problem. We have done it before and will find a place again. Traveling in a big herd is fun but expensive! There will be 12 of us on this trip.

Need to hit the shower and start my tour of paying bills and shopping for the kid. Have a wonderful day everyone..

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Check these Florida places out if you can: Siesta Key, Orange Beach, Destin. Siesta Key has gotten rave reviews from everyone who has been there. Orange Beach is on the Panhandle and Destin is where all the doctors vacation.

Good morning..I discovered those little individual deep dish pizzas are amazing in the air fryer.

The cat was better behaved last night. I ordered calming treats on Amazon. If she starts with crazy behavior again the vet wants to take blood to rule out medical issues.

Today cleaning my house. I have friends coming over tonight.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Got all my running done yesterday. So today is cooking day. Laid out 2 packages of Eye of Round. Will put them in the crock pot and will fix fried potaoes and onions to go with it. Will take my SIL some so that's why I'm cooking 4 pieces of the Eye of Round.

I had bought an Eye of Round roast about 3 weeks ago, and sliced it into "steak" size pieces. Cooked a couple of the slices in my George Foreman grill, but they were too tuff for me. So cut them up in small bites, and cooked them in with noodles. That way I didn't waste any meat.

Heard from my agent yesterday evening, and she says everything is going well with the sale of the house. However, she thinks it will be later than what the other agent put on the purchase agreement. The only thing on my "side" left to do is draw up the deed for my signature. But that won't be done until the buyer has secured their loan. And since the Federal Gov. is involved, it may go beyond the purchase agreement's date.

Nothing is going to get done with me sitting in front of this computer, so will say..." have a good day".
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Oh, Jostoy, bless you and the buyers with patience with the government, but it should all go through, right?

I am realizing what it is like to find the perfect shower curtain, maxi,because it is very hard to find a duvet cover I want. I am ready to pay full price if I could find one. Not really; those things go for well over a 150.00 so I would rather find one on Amazon or ebay or some site like Wayfair, but I am trying to find joy in the search...not working.

Enchiladas, anyone? the family we were taking them to got another dinner invitation at their relatives and so I have them all ready here. They were hot last night, so I put them in the refrigerator and got over being miffed (like you couldn't call earlier???) and will find a daycare family today who would like dinner. The kids will not eat them and I can'teat a whole pan (or shouldn't) so we will see. I did tell becky we will rest from baking for a bit. I have the shelter dinner Friday and sheis taking cookies to work on Friday so we have enough to keep us busy. I have no plans for Saturday and also told her so everyone knows I have no plans and thatis how I want it! I may go out or stay in and do whatever here...
        One of the whatevers is taking some things to a friend's thrift store...or the flea market.
        anyoneknow how to find out if a crystal bowl form the Czech Republic is lead crystal? It does not say lead on it and other vases my mom has do say on the box that it is whatever percent lead...I am not using this bowl and it is taking up space on a shelf. It wasn't given to me; I acquired it when a friend moved and left it and other thngs and mess for me to clean up. I thought I would use it but haven't.

Karlinann, was your mock lobster made with the surimi seafood they use in the fake crab, etc? that is often high in sodium.

Thank Heaven no one is coming early today but one mom did tell me she has to kpickup her girls during nap time today...always something but I will deal with it. Kind of worth the hassle to have two leave early. And this is the family that is moving in March who are givingme a generator!

Ok, I hope today is going well for all of you. Maxi, once in awhile Ilike a busy day of errands and hope yours goes well. Wow! Andrew must be growing to wear your jacket so well.
        Everyone have a good productive day...the way we wil lget through winter and enjoy our time!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG! Yes on the seafood blend. I didn't even look, but I won't be buying anymore.

Good Morning! Another dreary day. We did have a bit of sunshine yesterday afternoon, which I was grateful for.

Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but after running in town to do my errands, I did come home and pay those few stray bills. I was a bit miffed with the state. I was already pre-approved to apply for my Real ID, but it wouldn't go thru online. I called DOT and they told me I have to go to the DMV personally with all 4 pieces of ID to acquire my card. I will do that when I go in for my new drivers license, which I applied & paid for online yesterday. Just have to get the photo card to take in with me.

Dinner was each for their own. I picked up some really nice veggies yesterday, so I made Blaise & myself a veggie tray to munch on. I had a nice chat with Sue. She's been down & out for well over a week. The doctor said it just has to run it's course. Usually you get a cold and within a day or two you can go back to semi functioning, but this strain has people down & out for at least a week. I woke with a sore throat, and I'm hoping I don't get that strain of cold.

This morning we kind of slept in. The bus comes at 8:11, and I didn't wake up until 8:15...oops! I remember turning off the first alarm, but not the second. Had to drive Blaise to school, but that was OK. We had a nice chat on the way. My husband doesn't see things this way. I'm not always thrilled doing it, but look for the positive. I guess this is why all the kids come to me. I'll listen and talk to them.

Had to run into the Ford garage...again...to get a new battery for my Escape, and ask about another part. The guy printed off a parts diagram for me to give to Cork, and Corky will have to figure out what he wants. The guy will be there until 5pm, so Cork can call or go see him once he gets home at 4pm. We were blessed. Corky got a $150 VISA card from his employer for Christmas, so that paid for the new battery.

Once I get my energy, I want to make up several Samoa pies for the freezer, and 4 or 6 carrot cakes for the freezer stock also. I need to think of something for dinner. Maybe fish. That'll thrill the guys to no end....NOT!

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am back from my marathon morning of running. All went pretty good. Doctor frozen 6 places on my face with 3 being on my little nose. Then he put me back on 6 months. He commented on my fair skin and I almost laughed because this skin hasn;t seen much sun in many years. Only took one surgery to tell me the sun is not my friend no matter how much I love it!

Stood in line at the DMV but it was interesting. The gal in front of me wanted to renew the plates on her husbands truck but they hadn't been renewed in 2 years so they needed him. The problem was he is 'incarcerated' ...the word she used. So she needed power of attorney to get new plates. I did not know that. The things you learn..

Could not get the same size jeans for Drew so picked up a longer size. AND could not find a suitable hoodie in our mall. Picked him up a NorthFace but not sure he will like it. I'll give it to Sierra if he doesn't want it. Picked up lunch and come home to see Karlinann has given me some beaches to search out. Thank you! Thought about you this morning while pumping gas. Temps were in the 30s here and 3 pumps were full and not one pumper had on a coat. Florida is freezing and we are running in just long sleeves. You really do acclimate to your weather.

So I really do need to iron because Jon is in training classes and needs to dress better. Should change my bed but I am not climbing up and down those steps with my hip acting up. It has a catch and sometimes does not work out and it throws me. Heck I can stumble over a bare wide open space! Need to remove an excess undergarment and put my undershirt back on. The neighborhood dogs greeted me while getting out of the car and the gal next door yelled over for her dog and told me she really liked my hair. WHAT! it is getting cut tomorrow. Did not spray it with the doctor running is fingers through my hair...didn't need him stuck in hair spray! He spends enough time all over me, ya know?

I am off to do something. Have a great afternoon.

Comment

Working...
          X