Monday, January 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 06

Good morning Rounders! You guessed it! It's a cold morning here in Paradise! Brrrrgh! You would not believe what a difference it makes when you've lived here for years and your blood has thinned out.

DH got a puzzle Saturday that is double sized on the pieces and it fills our whole table. It's an old General Store, back when the prices were 2 or 3 cents for things. Good ol' days!

I have that appointment today, and Dollar Tree shopping, then home. Tomorrow I have a mammogram. Ugh! I hate the way they put your parts in a vise grip!!!!

Stay warm, feel better, and let's be thankful that we have come this far together. What if we had never met in cyberspace? Peace and Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Today my oldest niece turns 18.Her huge party is Saturday.

I am headed to Walmart in a bit. I haven’t decided if I am going to sleep some more and call a cab ten take a bus home or just get myself together and take a bus...

My cat has been crazy lately...Eapecially last night! I may get some cbd oil for her if the vet says it’s ok. She needs something so I can sleep at night!

Comment

Good Morning! Looks to be another dreary one. I seriously need some sunshine.

Yesterday was semi-productive. Finished organizing Blaise's room. Worked a bit on the dining room. Took a nice nap. Cork picked up Blaise from Kathy's, so I didn't have to do that. Saturday when I delivered Mel's pie order, I brought them an extra apple pie for their eating pleasure, and we bartered a pierogi pizza which is one of their specials for the week. YUM!

This morning I'm heading into the bank & WM. Then I HAVE to sit down and get the few stray bills that aren't automatically paid done.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! Running late this morning. Had to make a couple of appointments and then talked briefly with my sister. Family gossip needed sharing and I ask her to make me a coffee cup hanger. I want to hang some pretty but usable cups...that would also take them from out of the cabinet where they take a lot of room. It is nice to just make an order and it appears. I leave finish and design to her and she never disappoints!

Karlinann if you have not had a mammogram in a while they have changed a lot. I get one every 6 months and they are almost painless with the new 3Ds. The sonograms are still very painful! They press and dig in...well anyway, they have finally come a way from all the vises!

Andrew is back to school today and we are having meatloaf for supper. I did not get the lasagna put together yesterday but will today so I can just plop it in the oven tomorrow since I have an early appointment and then will make the rounds running errands. I hate a day where you just drive here and there. Today I am staying home and being domestic. HA!

Yesterday I did laundry and piddled around. Stayed busy for the most part and was exhausted when I went to bed. I want to wash the bed quilt but it is to big for the wash machine. Hate going to the public laundromats. I am not a snob but you just never know what has been in those machines so that makes me a germ freak. I admit it. Every jacket/coat has a bottle of hand sanitizer, along with the car and several in my purse. If the cart sanitizer is empty at the store I haul out my bottle and wipe down the handle. The family laughs at me but you would be surprised how often someone ask if I have any...do I ever!

No sign of the squirrel so maybe the chili pepper flakes are helping. Birds are feeding so it is not bothering them. Maybe some hunter or cat got him....I have no problem saying RIP Mr. Squirrel. Sun is shining but it is a bit cold this morning. Two more months should get us through the worst part of winter. My sister is back on the computer to look for a beach house so we should have a place rented soon. Do you know how depressing it will be to shop for a suit? Oh well, will probably just keep a tee shirt on over it since I stay out of the direct sun as much as possible. Maybe should just wear an old one and buy new tees?

It is getting late and I do have things to do today. They are running an old Magnum PI marathon today so I do not have to watch the news. The news scares me....a lot! Maybe that is why I liked the Christmas movies so much...always a happy ending. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          They do have the latest technology for the mammograms, but for some reason the place I have to go to for my insurance to pay has a tech that hurts. I have had only one there, but I've had 4 since moving to Florida. Maybe it was the Tech. The best place I ever had a Mamm was in Knoxville and in Augusta GA. I didn't feel a thing!

The news is scary.

My blood pressure is high again. Oh, I'm so mad at myself for not sticking to the sodium free diet. Blah! I will get another injection in about 2 weeks and maybe not that long. She will call me when the approval comes through. I argued with them about my B/P and now I feel bad. I will apologize. But for the record, I hate their B/P machine. It hurts and squeezes too tightly.

All blood pressure machines squeeze to tight! They should do the face test...if I am all red and breathing hard after walking in then it is high and if I am normal color and not panting it is fine! It really is up to the tech giving the mammograms...the last few I have had a young lady and she is so painless. But I had a real storm trooper for the last sonogram...holy cow I thought I would cry for a minute. There is no reason to be so rough and I did complain for whatever good it did.

I am on a coffee break. The lasagna is put together. My lasagnas are always a surprise to the taste buds. Why Andrew ask for them is a wonder. His mother does not cook often since he is mostly here for meals but she is a very good cook. My meals are a real hit and miss anymore. The kitchen is cleaned from the cooking mess not the dirty kitchen mess. There is a difference you know. Getting a haircut Wednesday and it getting all cut off. Getting the summer cut early. We have been trying to let it grow but I want the wash and wear look back. This requires too much work and care and who wants that? What if I need to go someplace in a hurry and am out of hairspray? I'd have to find a hat! Good thing I seldom go anywhere.

Think I'll go look for something to eat and find something else to do. Or maybe not...the day is flying by..

Comment

So sorry I am So late! Two brothers came at 7:00 today and that really cuts into any free time since I do not have wash and go hair.

Sunny and chilly. We had visitors from Idaho yesterday who were kind of chuckling over everyone shivering at church. They thought it was beautiful weather!
          Its all relative, folks!

Made cookies because of the visitors and now have way too many cookies! The shelter or Becky’s office is getting cookies!

I wish I had my morning brain remembering what I was going to say, but will promise to post earlier tomorrow.

Take care and take time for yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X