Saturday, January 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 4

Good morning Rounders! Today is the day I'm going to scrub down the Lanai! There is a mildew smell out there and I will have to scrub every square inch of it with bleach. I want to be able to go out there and crochet or read and hear the birds and enjoy the weather. I'll have to wear a mask, but I'm doing it!

Aldi's shelves were kind of bare yesterday, but they were restocking. The shelves that contained all the Christmas candy and cookies are now filled with all the exercise equipment you could ever want. We also went to Dollar Tree and Walmart. The stores were jam packed with shoppers. I forgot the batteries and that was one of the main things I needed! Forgot my list! Ding, ding, ding, ding! Oh well!

We bought a George Foreman grill at Walmart. Have not had one for over a year and DH sure did miss it. I missed it too because it is amazing how much fat it takes out of burgers that you just cannot get out by fixing them in a non-stick skillet. Also, I can make Eggplant Parmesan now. I like to grill my Eggplant on the GF grill before putting it all together. It cooks the EP really fast and you don't have to use all that Olive Oil.

Guess what they already have on the shelves at The Dollar Tree? Seeds! Flower seeds, vegetable seeds! I didn't buy any, but I may go back today and get some and the batteries.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning world...it's snowing big white flakes out there, ground is to warm for it to stick, but I love watching it fall...truthfully I love to see a big white snow on the ground...hubby use to make fun of me, he knew the very first snow I was going to be out in it, loved that first snow, would get in my car and away I would go...

My plan for the day is to find the cabin we want in the smokies for Thanksgiving, invited the whole family, they all said yes, so now just have to find the right one, at least 5 bedrooms and 3 to 4 bathrooms. I have always wanted to have a Thanksgiving or Christmas in the smokies, Thanksgiving is easier because they don't go visiting on that holiday. I have looked and scanned pictures for the past three days until I am cross eyed..but I must and read the reviews.

My cousin is coming to visit today or tomorrow, she wasn't sure what day, hope I hear from her...Also going to get busy with my plan to go room by room and get rid of things I do not or will not use..will need to check to see best places to give things...I want to help others.. I also need to make a decision on what to have for supper..

Karliann, scrubbing and cleaning, always something...love your idea about the eggplant parmesan been thinking about making some myself, hubby isn't crazy about it, but I love it...But I don't have a GF grill either, need to buy a smaller one, the big one we got rid of...plus it did not have removable grids.

Well time to decide on breakfast, hubby will cook, he usually does breakfast.. Have a great weekend one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Just text my cousin K (Aunt Maye's daughter) and ask where they rented when they go to the Smokies for their large family vacation.....Skyview Cabin Rentals. The "cabins" they get are HUGE houses.

Morning. I have forgotten my store list before..amazing what you can remember and then not bring home the one thing that you needed most! Since it is spitting snow and cold I do not think I will be sitting on the patio for a while. Never heard the word Lanai before the Golden Girls.

Did not sleep much last night. One of those nights when stuff kept going through my mind and remembering things from way back. How can I remember what I said then when I can't remember where my car keys are now? What do you think triggers that?

Andrew was here yesterday evening and says he will be back to spend Sunday with us. He called his dad to pick him up yesterday and they went to Lowes and then I got a sandwich for supper. They were rooting around in the basement so maybe he is coming back to haul crap out. He does love to go through old boxes and find junk. At least if they find a box of mine Andrew will come up and ask what to do with it while his father just pitches it out as my junk! Jon is exactly like his father..his stuff is golden and may grow into a fortune someday but mine is junk taking up space. Another guy thing I guess.

Blues play this afternoon but we will be in St. Louis for a house warming party. I do not have to drive and thank goodness Jon and my one nephew have the same weekends off. I would not be able to go to a lot of these things with it getting dark so early. Maybe getting my eyes checked would help with the night driving...the other cataract is probably ready too. Oh well, first things first and the first thing next week is a haircut!

The tree is down and all Christmas is gone. We have spiced the bird seed so will see if that deters that squirrel. Everything is back to normal so I can go back to complaining about the everyday things again. Like cooking and cleaning. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Good Morning! Looks to be another dreary wet day here. Blah!

Yesterday was semi productive. My project of the day was cleaning & reorganizing my pantry. All groceries put of proper shelves and all plastic containers & cookie platters sorted & put away. I pitched some old stuff & plates I'll never use.

I got a call from a lady who is originally from Louisiana, and she'd like a true southern Coconut cake & 7 Minute icing by Alton Brown for her BD cake next week. Hmmmmm. She has great confidence in me. I looked at the recipe, and it's doable, BUT uses ingredients that I've never used before. I'm going to have to grate fresh coconut. I know I could look for some in the freezer section, but I'm sure it'll cost an arm & leg. Will check it out though. Need to also find coconut cream. Her husband was in the military and they've traveled all over. She was very complimentary about my baking. Made my day.

I was dropping off pie & a carrot cake at Mel's, and I told her I was going to order the pierogi pizza that's one of the specials for the week. She offered me a slice to try. OH MY WORD!!! So good! She ordered two fruit pies for today, so I'm going to order a pizza for pick up when I deliver her pies. YUM! Cooked a real dinner last night, so no cooking for me tonight!

I've already got Mel's pies in the oven. Next job is icing BD cake someone ordered. All white. White cake (no almond flavoring) and whipped cream icing...vanilla. So boring. I'll try to zip it up a bit with the decorating. I've got some ideas. Taking Blaise down to Kathy's at some point. Quiet evening planned.

KA...you & Jostoy just amaze me at how much you two get done. I'm tired just reading what you two do. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE to clean? I do it, but not to the extent you two do.

Well, back to my happy place in the kitchen. Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I needed coconut cream and it was in the liquor aisle near the mix in stuff...

Wet and drizzly out and not a great looking day, but it is Saturday and I have a lot of fun things to do today: all appointments at salons and then throw in a dog grooming appointment and we should all look pretty good at the end of the day, rain or no rain.

The cat woke me up twice last night. Once at 3:00 and the other tiem at 4:30 and it was for cat food. She does not like the food I bought, I guess. I will be getting some other this morning, but I really don't like getting up to see what in the world she wants. Then she jumped on the table this morning and is outside now...

Yesterday I was out of my low dosage aspirin and grabbed another bottle marked 9.99! I asked Becky Where in the world did you buy this expensive aspirin?? She looked over at it and said, the vet...it is low grade so until I get to Walmart for the cheap human aspirin I will take a dog one. Serousl, why would she have bought that? I know I can buy cheap OTC for my dog and myself. If I seem a little yappy, it might be my inner doggie coming out.

Sharon, what are you searching to find the cabins? Sounds lovely! Any of the Hallmark movies set in the Smokies are ones we watch for sure. And after seeing the one with Dolly Parsons and Dollywood, we both want to go. But there are so may places on the To Go and Do list!

Donna, how is the pierogi pizza made? It sounds wonderful but I just can't picture it.

My first appointment is at 8:39, so I better get moving.
      You all work way more than do so my hat is always off to you! I have been looking at organizational ideas for my room and closets and that will be my big project. I also found two quilt tops that need quilting. One is a lap quilt and the other for my bed. Now if I just had a team I wanted to watch I could sit and quilt and yell at the tv!

going tolook for some food now and will check back in later.
      Have a good day and thanks for all the cleaning motivation! karlinann, my patio needs cleaning off of the leaves and kid stuff!

Comment

Working...
      X