Friday, January 03

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 03

Good morning Rounders! We are having spring weather today and I may get out there.

Yesterday I worked outside for 2 hours. I moved plants, and watered them in. I turned the compost pile and it has already made some rich soil. I reset my stepping stones and they are still not level, but they are in a better placement. One thing at a time!

Today is Aldi's shopping day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...headed to my sisters for the night.

Comment

Good Morning...looks damp and dreary outside so far, haven't looked at the forecast yet but I do know that I feel chilled for some reason... Got all the floors swept and mopped yesterday, I tell you moving chairs out of the room is not easy anymore, told hubby yesterday after using the steam mop and looking at the pad that I can't believe how dirty the floor was...got all the rugs washed and put back down also...taking me a little longer to get my house back in order after Christmas, but slow and steady is just fine, no one here but me and hubby.

The big decision of the day is what to fix for supper..we had steak fajitas last night which I love...I am thinking maybe spaghetti, quick and easy and I have lots of homemade sauce canned..My computer desk is a total mess, I really, really, need to spend some time getting things organized again...will see if the notion strikes me or not...to be honest, I think I am just plan ole worn out...so hubby just got up so will get this day started...and yes jostoy my tongue and cheek are doing great now..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's foggy & very wet here today. Yesterday was pretty until noontime.

Well my get up & go was gone most of yesterday. I did run into town and got Corky's horn ordered for the Escape, then onto Aldi's. I wanted to stop at Mary's Cakes which is next to Aldi's, but they were closed for inventory. Oh well. My friend who has a candy business, came and I taught her how to make the ZagNut balls. She's going to make them and dip them in chocolate. I did get the Livingroom looking much cleaner and organized.

Not sure what I'll get into today. I can't go anywhere because it's raining and my wipers don't work on my car. Long story. Still dealing with issues from accident. Darn. I might have to clean or organize somemore.

Oh...got a call from the school yesterday. Apparently Blaise gave a friend of his on the bus $100 cash the last day before Christmas break. The child showed it to his Mom, and she took it and returned it to the school office yesterday. It was Blaise. His MOTHER did the SAMETHING. It's not like I don't need the cash, but it was at a time when customers were coming left & right, and I didn't always get the money to my safe place. One of the school secretaries is coming tomorrow to pick up a BD cake she ordered for her daughter, and will bring me the $100.

Best get busy. Hope those feeling under the weather are feeling better today! Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, to the giving and to the getting it back.

Morning..not sure what the weather is today although it looks gloomy and they did say flurries tonight so that pretty much tells me it is or going to be, cold. I heard part of a radio forecast getting into the car yesterday. Believe it or not I worked around the house all day yesterday! I was going to grocery shop but it got late and I was going today but Jon went with me last night. He is off today and promised to carry down the tree today. That is the absolute last of Christmas! If he does it early enough I will vacuum and mop. I know these floors have not had a good cleaning since Thanksgiving.

Blues started the new year exactly as they left the old year...losing! Last night was a long late game. I like winning steaks a lot better than losing streaks!! Hope this is a short streak.

Nothing going on around here. Picked up ingredients for lasagna so think we will start Monday with that. In the mood for scalloped potatoes so seeing that on the menu. Look at me planning meals...I must be hungry for regular food! It has been a long break from the kid! Laundry is caught up but I have a lot of ironing. There, that is a normal thing!

We do not start school until Monday Cookie and some schools are not going back until Tuesday. Beth enjoy your night away. Boffler how lucky your husband is that you cook for him every night. Karlinann I just cannot imagine doing yard work in January.

Have wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Our kids go back Tuesday so I will have one more day with a school child. So far, it has gone really well and everybody is having a good time together.
          My two sisters are back today and that means more diapers than the past week, but that is what I signed on for.

Im using Becky’s iPad and mine is busy doing ABCmouse at the table.

I have floors done but need to get all the tree down. And so today I will be creating space in the daycare big closet and then the tree can be put away.
          I have seen a few people who keep it up and decorate every holiday during the year, but that is just more than I could take on.

Hope you have a good time at your sisters, Beth and enjoy your break.

Becky received her grad school grades yesterday: A’s, and really made her day. One paper had to be submitted before she was totally happy with it because of power shut off, so she was not sure what the grade would be.

I hope your Blues start winning again, Maxi.
          And Sharon, you sure got a lot done when you weren’t feeling your best.

Donna, not sure why my font size changed, I hope you get your energy back but rest up while you can.

Take care, All.

Comment

Working...
          X