Thursday, January 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 02

Good morning Rounders! I have gotten into another crazy sleeping pattern again. To bed at 4 or 5 and up at midnight! It's insane.

I'm not making any new year resolutions. I know there are things about me that need improvement and I strive daily to change them. I understand stating your resolutions out loud to the world, but I know in my heart that change is difficult for most people and I would rather not proclaim that I'm going to do this or that thing because I realized a long time ago that most of the ny resolutions will not come to fruition.

The weather was gorgeous yesterday, but walking on the lawn tells me I need to turn the irrigation system back on. It crunched a bit under my feet.

My Corned Beef Brisket turned out delish!

I've started crocheting again. I started a rug last year by braiding tee shirt yarn and it was the size of a charger. I picked it back up a week ago and started crocheting around it and it looks so good. I will have to take it out to the patio to finish it though. The T shirt yarn is messy with those little fibers coming off. This one T shirt that I used to make yarn is a kind of cotton that sheds like a towel if you cut it. Little bits of cotton fibers. I will need to make more t shirt yarn soon and I will be very particular what kind of t shirts I use to cut it from. At 5 cents a Tee you can be choosy!

DH picked up another box of grinds yesterday and I spread them over the garden. It smells lovely out there.
    Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning Karliann and all those to follow....looks a bit nippy out there this morning. Karliann I agree making resolutions never seem to come to pass, so will just work on myself daily....cause I have a lot of improving to do..

Almost got the laundry caught up, just have a load of blankets to wash that was used while everyone was here.. Had my pork, sauerkraut, potatoes and cornbread yesterday, I do not like black eyed peas, so hope that doesn't ruin my luck for 2020. Hubby goes to office this morning so I am going to get the kitchen, sunroom and utility room floors sweeped and mopped they sure need it..but having him around in and out sometimes makes it impossible..

Don't know what is going on with me but I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and cold again this morning, going to try and push through it until I get the floors done then I will rest...so sick and tired of being sick and tired, LOL...I definitely think FL warm weather is calling my name, hubby said we will not leave in a snowstorm like we did last year, driving a 36 ft. motorhome in wind, snow and ice was not great at all, plus the heater went out...here we find a vacuum hose came loose.

Well back to moving the furniture out of sunroom and getting prepared to get the floors cleaned...have a good day one and all, and happy 2020.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was nice. Got to sleep in, then got busy in the kitchen preparing our New Years day meal. Took it all down to my brother's house, and some of the family gathered. All the older adults were there, but not all the kid adults. After cleaning up, those remaining played a couple games of 7 Up 7 Down. I love my family. Becca & I then headed down to Kathy's new place. Wasn't too impressed, but that's her problem, not mine. Why do ppl paint walls gray? It has lots of paneling too. I fell going up the outside steps and have a deep bruise on my one knee. Got Blaise's winter coat, and then we left. Had a very relaxing evening.

This morning I'm heading into town. Blaise & Cork are both back to school & work. Back to real life. My first stop is at the Ford garage to order a horn for the old Escape. Going to stop at Mary's Cake's to get more toasted coconut. Going to show my friend how to make the Zagnut balls. She's going to make them and dip them in chocolate. That's her business. Hope to still have some energy and motivation to start cleaning & organizing around here.

Oh...last night as I was sitting here, I could hear something up in the attic & in my walls. Sounded bigger than a mouse though. Going to send the cats up there later to investigate. Haven't heard anything this morning.

WOW KA, your thrift shop is ultra cheap. How do they pay their help or is it all volunteer? Sharon...sorry you still aren't 100%. Take it easy.
      Paula...the books my niece recommended are: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Wings of Fire series, Warriors series, and the Percy Jackson series.

Time to get moving...…..have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I have heard of two of them and will send a book out to MD for inside days and maybe less electronics???

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        It's all volunteers!

Good morning all.

Going to the antique shop today with SIL. And that's probably all I'll do today. Still have to get dressed. Have had my shower, and breakfast.

Sharon, how's that tongue and cheek doing today?

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning...boy will I be ready for things to get back to normal. I have to think about what day it is because every day is beginning to feel like the weekend. As much as I hate cooking I am ready for the kid to be back every night and to eat decent food. Bit by bit Christmas is disappearing. Tree is still standing but I have no control over that. Leaf is out of the table and I am going to get the Christmas shams off the pillows. Shower curtain (geesh that one I found is ugly!) is hung until I can do better although I am not in much of a mood to shop. Last evening we went to walmart for bird seed. That damn squirrel is about to be pushing daisies. We also bought a huge jar of chili flakes to mix into the seed. Evidently it has the same effect on squirrels it has on people but does not bother birds. We will mix up a small batch and see. I really hate that squirrel and how he just acts so superior. Only one...I want him dead but Jon won't. Mainly because we do not own a gun. That is because we only hate squirrels. Well there is that one dog who killed my shrub...

Still need to put the sheets on Drew's bed. I know, What have I done in two weeks? And the answer is I do not know! Boffler sorry you are not feeling well. Karlinann if you could send some of that energy to Illinois I would like a case. Think I will have another cup of coffee talking with my sister before starting the day. Have a great one everyone. Be more productive than me but then moving from the chair is more than I am doing!

Comment

Good morning...Iwoke with a sore throat and bad ear. I have an appointment later with new doctor. Will ask them to look at throat ears. I am more than ready to go back to work. I need a routine!

Comment

oh, it is definitely hard keeping days straight with the mixed up holiday schedule. Thursday that feels like Monday and trash was picked up so kind of like Wednesday.. who knows how the day will progress?

sun is shining and I am sitting with two little boys waiting for whoever comes today.

I agree about your thrift store, Karlinann! Prices are amazing. I stopped donating to Salvation Army when I saw how high priced their dishes were when I had been giving them and could have bought a bowl for less than what they were pricing.

I don’t have resolutions but hope to keep improving whatever good I am doing and build on positive acts and not let negativity get me down. I get so many good ideas from you all!

Maxi, QVC has some nice shower curtains. I have not checked Amazon because I was looking for a new duvet cover but didn’t find any I want on QVC and also don’t want to pay shipping! I am getting spoiled by Prime!
            Also checked EBay for duvet covers but nothing new caught my attention and people priced their Used duvet covers way too high for something they slept on or under. I don’t care that they bought it at Pottery Barn. It is Used.

Breakfast time for kiddos who is asking for a chocolate cookie!
            Holiday time! This day could be interesting!

Hope you all are good or getting better ( Sharon).

Comment

Working...
            X